De'arra and Ken 3.0 || Sorry no Connection

De'arra Taylor

There are three things I absolutely do not play about. My hair, my food and my feelings. Right now, at this moment, Ken Walker was fucking with my feelings and I wasn't happy.

I watched his hands shake as he fumbled with his phone to FaceTime his friend, Dixon. I wanted to see his reaction live to make a decision if he was telling the truth or not.

I know his friends are loyal to a fault. They'd cover for him any chance they were given. It was like that. But, fortunately for me, I'd known them long enough to make a good judgement.

I couldn't understand why Ken felt the need to be messaging some girl behind my back and about lovey dovey stuff he doesn't even bother to use with me.

I mean, I know sometimes I can be a bit of a cold bitch but I was trying. After he'd had his small outburst a couple weeks back, I tried really hard to make sure he was happy. Lingerie, breakfast in bed, hot baths, dinner dates, the works. Stuff I'd never even bothered to do before. But this is what I get in return for trying.

Fuck this.

"Today, Kenneth." I snapped, folding my arms. He knew that when I addressed him by his first name I was being serious as hell. Right now I was passed serious. I was seething but I tried my best to keep calm.

"Coming baby." I rolled my eyes at the stupid endearment. That meant absolutely nothing to me at the moment. I just wanted him to call his stupid friend.

"Don't baby me now Kenneth. Just call your bitch ass friend." He continued to fumble anyway. Was it that hard to make a stupid FaceTime call? "Give me this!" I grabbed his phone to which he protested like a little bitch about, typing Dixon's name in the search bar of his contacts which came up in no time. "Look how easy that was.". I stuck the phone in his face, silently telling him to call his friend. And now.

I watched him take a deep breath before pressing the call button. I waited impatiently for the the call to go through but as soon as the call begun it had stopped. What? Then I saw the words, sorry no connection, show up on the screen.

"What the actual fuck? Try again!" With no phone service, I knew I was screwed.

"Okay. Calm down baby." He tried calling again, but the same sentence floated across the screen. 'sorry, no connection."

"What did you do?" I pushed his shoulder, becoming more and more livid by the second.

"Really De'arra. We're really about to do this?" He had the nerve to look at me like I was some crazy physco.

"You must have done something. I mean, what are the odds? You're connection seems to not be working just at the moment that I need you to call your friend." I threw my hands up in the air, seriously about to lose my shit. "You know what? I'll use my phone."

After getting Dixon's contact and trying to make the call, the same words showed up on my screen. "Sorry, no connection.' I rolled my eyes, about done with the whole situation at this point.

"You know what Ken? I'm done." I made up my mind instantly, knowing he was just finding a way to buy time to make his lie solid. He'd done it too many times and frankly I was tired of his shenanigans.

I ignored his protests, grabbing my essentials from the room. While grabbing some shoes from the floor, I saw the cord from the Wi-Fi box plugged out and on the floor. I rolled my eyes, any thought that Ken was telling the truth vanished instantly from my mind. He can have fun with his over Email girlfriend. I didn't care.

"Talk to me baby." He blocked the door as I was walking out, his eyes pleading.

My lips pursed." Sorry, no connection. Now move."

A/N

Hey! Just a quick continuation. I hope it was fine. Thanks so much for reading, I appreciate it ❤❤❤

Note: I do not have an I phone... I just make shit up...

-❤❤❤❤❤