3. Neighbors

The flight was horrible. For two reasons: 1. I didn't have anything to read and 2. I was sitting right next to a crying little kid. Yay. The second we landed I rushed off the plane, hoping my parents would be right behind me. And they were, thank god.

"Whats the rush munchkin?" My dad asked, out of breath from running after me.

"Nothing, I...just...um, really want to see our new house!" Woah what is it with these lies today.

We went to baggage claim, and I saw my bag. Only when I picked it up did I realize it wasn't my bag. The name tag read Luke Hemings. Huh thats funny. Probably not the hot Luke though. I mean come on, there has to be billions of Luke's in the world. I put the bag back on the conveyor belt, and finally found my bag. Name tag and all.

...

"And here we are!" My dad exclaimed.

I was shocked. Stunned. The house was... beautiful. It was probably the nicest house we've ever lived in! Actually it wasn't even a house, it was more like a mansion. Palm trees were placed amongst the front yard, and there had to be at least 15 windows on the front of the house alone.

"Are you gonna stand there, or are you gonna help bring the bags inside?" Mom nudged me in the ribs with her elbow.

Once my dad unlocked the doors and we stepped inside... I was even more shocked. It was gorgeous. The floor was made of marble, a tall stair case was in the middle of the room, and a chandelier hung above our heads.

"Dad, you never told me we were rich" I joked, still amazed by the interior of the house.

"I just want the best for my family." He wrapped an arm around my mom, and kissed her on the head.

"Oh and we have one more surprise for you!" My mother gleamed. She lead me back outside with my dad right behind me, and opened the garage door.

In it was a vintage mustang; my dream car.

"You didn't..." I looked to her with wide eyes.

"We did" She chimed, jingling a pair of keys in front of my face.

"OH MY GOD" Yea I sorta freaked out.

After about 20 minutes of thanking my parents, and gushing over my new car, we went back inside the house.

Just as I was about to go off and explore the rest of the house, the door bell went off. Seeing as my parents were off doing their own thing, I went to answer it my self.

"Hi! My names Tracy, and this is my daughter Alexa." A woman and girl about my age introduced themselves, "We're your neighbors! We live just right over there." She gestured to the house right next to us.

"Oh hi! Come in!" I welcomed them inside. "My moms in the kitchen." I lead them through the hallway. "Mom these are our new neighbors, Tracy and her daughter Alexa."

"Oh my gosh, hello!" My mom came over to shake both of their hands. "Its so nice to meet you, I'm Claire and this is my daughter Lily" I gave a small wave to both of them.

After an hour of sitting there and getting to know them better, I decided to get an early night.

"Wait! You don't want to just stay in your first night in L.A. do you?" Tracy stopped me on my way out, "Alexa is meeting up with some friends, why don't you go along with her!"

"Oh I don't know-" I tried to talk my way out of it.

"Yea! It'll be fun!" Alexa intervened.

The next thing I knew, me and Alexa were standing in my room trying to decide on an outfit.