1. Rather Average

(A/N: HI GUYS!!! EEEP! Omg so this is my first 5SOS fanfiction ever, so lets hope it goes well ;) I'm gonna try my best to keep up with this fanfiction, but I'm really gonna need your guys encouragement. So don't forget to vote and comment to keep me going, okay guys? I LOVE YOU! <3)

The transition between a caterpillar and a butterfly is painful. It involves shedding their entire skin, and becoming someone new. But the outcome of all that pain and torture is one of the most beautifulthings on earth. My mother always told me I was a butterfly. She said that one day, I'm going to meet someone and they're gonna cause this shift in me. Sort of like a chain reaction in chemistry. When you add the chemicals A and B together, they both become a new chemical; chemical c. And that after that it won't matter whether anyone else pays attention to you, because you'll already have everything you need; the other half of the chemical compound.

This probably sounds really nerdy... Well thats what you get for watching NOVA every night with your parents. Growing up I didn't really have a lot of friends, so I was basically forced to hang out with my parents 24/7. Each night consisted of Scrabble, Bingo, Uno, Monopoly, Life, or their favorite, watching NOVA. We moved around a lot because of my dads job, so I guess thats why I could never really grow attached to anybody. Goodbyes were easy for me. My dad works for the FBI. Nope. Not joking. Of course though, we tell everybody he's a Pharmaceutical Representative, because no one can knew of his actual job. When I was younger I came close to telling some of the kids at school, because they kept mocking me and saying my dad was a loser. Its not a happy memory.

Everytime we moved it was to a new city, one I've never been to before, and its crazy to see how different life is throughout the country. We've lived in: Philadelphia, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, New York City, Phoenix, Dallas, New Orleans, and Washington D.C. I know what you're thinking "Who moves THAT much?" Well when your dads in the FBI, its sorta a given. Even though we never stay in one place for more than a year and half, and I've barely come close to actually making friends, I've been pretty content with my life so far. I love my family, I have good grades, and I'm grateful that I've traveled more than the average 17 year old. Oh yea did I mention I was 17? Oh wait... I haven't even said my name.

My names Lily Beatrice, and I am rather average.