Chapter 1

The smell of pancakes and bacon...mmm bacon... are what wake me up. I throw on my silk robe and run downstairs. Her long black hair perfectly curled and draped over her back, and her familiar scent, catch my eye letting me know it's my mother at the stove. She must have sensed my presence because she turned around with a big smile on her face, just as I sat down at our table in the middle of the very large kitchen.

"Good morning Sweetie." She says placing a plate down in front of me.

"Morning Mom, this smells incredible." I say licking my lips.

My dad walks in and gives my mom a kiss on the cheek before stuffing a pancake in his mouth. Soon after dad is Lan, my dads second in command. "Morning Alexia" I hear him say. Dad and Lan look very similar with their dark jet black hair and tan skin. The only difference between the two is that my dad has a little scruff that could be categorized as a beard. Both give me a smile and then go back to filling their plates. I give my dad a quick kiss on the forehead before returning to my room to get ready for the day. I walk into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind me. I strip myself and step into the shower.

45 minutes later I leave my bathroom in nothing but a bra and underwear. I make my way over to my closet and step inside trying to conjure up the perfect outfit for today. My friends and I are having a bonfire later to celebrate the start of a new school year. I finally settle on black leggings, a Misfits tank top, and white heeled boots. After dressing I go to my mirror and blow dry my hair. Unlike my mother and father my hair is blonde. Very blonde, but curly like my mothers. I add some mascara to my lashes and a thin line of eyeliner to my top lid. I add some earrings and bracelets but before leaving i decide to put a black floral headband on my head. I go to the garage and hop into my black Mercedes and am on my way to pick up Clare and Casey.

Clare has been my best friend since the first grade and has never left my side. Her brother, Casey, and I have been dating since freshman year. I pull up in front of their house and beep the horn. Casey comes out first. I can't help but smile and stare at my boyfriends brown curly hair and deep brown eyes that make your insides melt. He wears his worn out jeans and varsity football jacket well. He opens the passenger side door and slides in giving my leg a squeeze and my cheek a kiss.

"Hey is Clare coming today or next year?" I ask him.

He gives me a small smile before answering. "That girl takes way to long to get dressed."

"Agreed."

She finally walks out the front door looking her usual gorgeous self. Her brown hair is pulled into a braid on the right side of her face and her outfit as cute and girly like always. Shes wearing a yellow laced summer dress with a light jean vest. The nude sandals and daisy crown on her head make the outfit perfect. When she gets in the car i notice she's wearing the pineapple earrings i got for her birthday last month and some gold bracelets.

"Morning Clare- Bear." I say with a smile.

"Good morning Abi- Rabbity. Lets go get Molly." She says.

" I didn't know we were inviting Molly." Casey says.

"She's one of our best friends, why wouldn't she come?" I question him.

"I just thought it was a pack party, that's all." He says, clearly lying to my face. Things have been weird with Casey and I since Molly moved here last year. But since I don't want to spoil the good mood we're all in, I don't bring up the fact that something is off.

"How does Alpha Marks feel about his princess throwing a party?" Clare asks with a devious smile she doesn't try hiding.

"What daddy doesn't know won't hurt him." I reply with an equally devious smile.

"He doesn't know? You didn't tell him? Abi, he's the Alpha. He should know if we're having a party!" Casey yells at me.

"Don't worry everything's going to be fine." I tell him.

3 hours later, the four of us are sitting in the food court at the mall. I'm sitting next to Casey with Molly and Clare on the other side of the table. All of us have bags upon bags surrounding us, proving that today was a successful day of shopping. Clare and Casey are arguing about something I stopped listening to awhile ago. I look over at our mundane friend and notice that she is exhausted. I sometimes forget that her body tires out way quicker than ours do.

I interrupt the bickering twins to suggest going back to my house to hangout before the party later. Molly looks relieved. She is on her feet with her bags on her arm grabbing Casey's hand pulling him towards the door before Clare or Casey could voice their opinion. Clare and I follow Molly's lead and head towards the exit. Then, it hits me. An overwhelming smell of trees, fire and cinnamon surround me causing me to stop moving and look around for the thing that my body so desperate;y craves.

My inner wolf, Ayle, is screaming the same thing at me over and over again.

"Mate."