Chapter 20

Grayson's P.O.V

I haven't seen Abigayle since i returned. Clare told me she was asleep in her room and that i shouldn't bother her. I don't feel 100% comfortable just leaving Abi home alone, but the death glare i received from Clare told me to stay away. I hope she was feeling okay. My thoughts of Abi's safety were interrupted when Raven mind-linked me. Alpha, we have picked up a Rogue scent on our territory.

What? Where?

Just past the north gate.

Damn. I hate dealing with Rogue's. I cut the mind-link with Raven and open one with Jace. We have an intruder.

What?!?!?! Where? Let me tell Clare and I'll go help.

North gate. Can you have her go be with Abigayle please? I don't want to leave her unprotected.

Sure thing, Alpha.

I cut the mind-link with Jace and head for the door.

Jace's P.O.V.

An intruder? Why of all days did we have to have a Rogue come on our territory on my wedding day? I find my beautiful bride talking with some of my pack members. I pull her away and kiss her forehead. "I have to go. A Rogue entered pack territory, i have to go help."

"Okay. Please be careful." She says to me. A look of worry flashes on to her face.

"Grayson wants you to go check on Abi. He doesn't want her to be unprotected. Can you please stay safe?" I ask her.

"Of course." I start to walk away, but she grabs my arm. "And Jace, I love you." I pull her to me and kiss her. I leave her standing in the middle of all our guests to meet Grayson by the door. We shift the second we are out the door and start running towards the North gate. To my right is Raven and to Grayson's left is Jaxon. Our best fighters. We reach the North gate and pick up the scent immediately. Come out come out wherever you are little Rogue.

Clare's P.O.V.

After kissing Jace i just stand there in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do first. Abi. I need to get to her. I run outside and shift into my grey wolf. We run all the way to Abi's house not stopping or slowing down once. The only light on is in the downstairs living room. Something is off. I smell another wolf nearby. I hear a twig snap behind me and jump around to face another wolf. The Rogue. This wolf is big and brown. The intruder growls at me, that growl sent Are into a frenzy and she attacked the big brown wolf. This wolf was strong, i'll give him that but boy was he stupid. I was on his back about to sink my teeth into it's neck when it rolled over, leaving me on the ground with him towering over me. I kicked him off of me and he landed with a hard thud against a nearby tree. I took this minute to attack and snap it's neck with my mouth. I mind-linked Jace. The Rogue has been taken care of. He was behind Abi's house.

You took care of him? He sounded way too surprised. I can hold my own in a fight.

Yes, why do you sound so surpri- Oh my Moon Goddess. Abigayle! This can't be happening.

Clare what is it? What's wrong?

You need to come quick! Hurry!

Abigayle's P.O.V.

I look into Cal's eyes. I see, anger, need, and want. A whine escapes my mouth, making his hand grip tighter on my mouth. I wince in pain. "Shh, Shh, Shh." He says to me. I begin to panic. Cal releases my face from his grasp. He takes a large needle out of his pocket, and i begin to panic. "Do you know what this is?" He asks me. I shake my head no. "This, my love, is a very powerful serum that will cut off your ability to mind-link with anyone."

I gasp. "Please Cal don't do this."

"Don't you see that i have to?"

"No, no Cal you don't. You don't have to do any of this. I know that you are angry and hurt but you don't have to do this."

"You don't know anything. This is just the beginning of my plan to take my poor pathetic brother down." He spits out.

"Cal, please." I beg.

"You are so pretty Abigayle." He tells me.

I cringe at his words. My reaction to him angers him and his eyes turn black.

Grayson's P.O.V.

Clare has taken care of the Rogue, and i am utterly impressed. That girl is so small, but obviously not one to mess with. Although at the moment, she has me in full on panic mode. She said we had to hurry, and something tells me it has something to do with Abi.

Abigayle's P.O.V.

I place my hand on his chest, trying to calm him down. It works and his eyes return to normal, but Ayle is furious that i am touching him. Cal's heartbeat is lowered and look up at him. "Better?"

He gives me a faint smile. "Much." Then he takes the needle and plunges it into my side.

I wince in pain as the serum enters my body. Grayson hurry, Cal is going to take me. I can't talk long he has given me some kind of serum. I mind-link him. I stumble back, feeling very light headed. I start to fall forward into Cal's arms. He catches me and lifts me up so my whole body is thrown over his shoulder. He starts walking out of my house and towards his car.

Clare's P.O.V.

Is that Cal? I run towards Abi as i see Cal carrying her over his shoulder and putting her into his car. She seems a little out of it. I am close enough now to know for sure that it is Cal. I lunge at him in my human form and begin punching him anywhere i make contact with. He starts punching me back and connects his fist with my jaw. He poicks me up and throws me into the road. Blood is flowing from my forehead and into my eyes, shielding me from seeing anything. My Alpha is in trouble and i can't help her. I can't see and i think my arm is broken. I stand up, wiping the blood out of my eyes and looking around. Cal's car is gone and i am the only one in the street. Soon Grayson, Jace and two others come to my side. Jace pulls me to him checking my head and asking me if I'm okay. I shake him off. I run up to Grayson. "Grayson it was Cal. He took her. I tried to stop him but i couldn't. I couldn't protect her, i am so sorry." I start to cry.

Abigayle's P.O.V.

I am becoming very weak. I saw Clare attack Cal, which only made him angrier. He punched her really hard and threw into the road. My best friend is hurt and there is nothing i can do to help her or myself. This serum is affecting me more than i thought it would. I can't hear Grayson trying to mind-link me even if he is trying. I try one more time to reach him, as Cal speeds away. Grayson, i love you. Please help me. Please.