Chapter 10

.:: Hello everyone! The only thing i have to say is please don't hate me. I love all of you! Please keep reading and sharing. Don't forget to vote and leave comments. Talk to you later loves. XOXO ::.

Abigayle's P.O.V.

I wake up gasping for air. Hoping that i just had a dream and wasn't almost raped last night. I try to sit up but can't. I feel a huge, heavy arm draped over chest. I am pulled in closer and the grip tightens around me. I smile at the fact that i am waking up in his arms. I try to carefully and slowly get out of the bed, but Grayson groans and whimpers at my movement and pulls me closer to him. His scent is intoxicating, i take a deep breath when he pulls me closer. I nuzzle my head into his neck and kiss his cheek. His eyes flutter open, bringing a smile to my face. "Good morning" I whisper. He smiles and brings me closer to him.

"Good morning baby doll" He says sleepily. His low, grumbling voice excites me and wakes Ayle. He notices my realization and gives a deep hearty laugh. "If you do not stop looking at me like that we might spend the entire day in bed." He says. "Even though i would not be opposed to that." He adds with a smirk.

"Come on," I say dragging him out of bed, shaking the thoughts about last night. "i have a meeting with my dad today, and i want you to come." He growls at me. "Don't you make that sound at me." I turn around to tell him. He surprisesme with a kiss.

"I love it when you get bossy. Now go shower, your dad won't wait forever." He slaps my butt as i hurry into the bathroom. 10 minutes into my shower i hear the sink turn on. I look out the shower curtain and see Grayson satnding at the sink brushing his teeth in nothing but his black boxer briefs. "Gawking at me is not going to make your shower go by any faster." He says after he spits.

"Oh right." I say. I pull the curtain shut and finish my shower. I look out the curtain to grab my towel and find Graysons green eyes staring into mine. I jump and hear Grayson giggle. "That is not funny Grayson, you scared the shit out of me. Now hand me my towel."

He hands me the towel and watches me step out of the shower. He grabs my waist and twists me so that i am facing him. "Are you okay? You know, about last night?" He looks really worried and concerned.

"I am okay, better knowing you're here and that he's locked up." I tell him.

"I'll take care of him, you won't ever have to worry about him again." He tells me. "And i will always be by your side."

We get dressed quickly and head downstairs. My mom and dad are in the kitchen arguing over whose coffee mug is whose. I can't help but imagine me and Grayson doing the same thing years from now. "Good morning daddy, mom."

"Hi sweetie. How was your night?" Mom asks me.

"They threw me an early surprise party." I tell them.

"That was extremely thoughtful of them." My mom says, sending Grayson a smile. Somehow i knew she was apart of the whole thing. "So daddy, you said you needed to speak with me today?"

"Yes, but we can discuss it a little later." He tells me. "But what we can discuss is the fact that Grayson stayed the night."

I choke on the bagel in my mouth. I finally catch my breath and say, "What about it?"

"I don't know how appropriate that is." My father starts.

"Sir, i can promise you that i have not and would never hurt or take advantage of your daughter. And even if those were my intentions, which they aren't, she would kill me. I love your daughter very much and would never do anything that would jeopardize the way she feels about me." Grayson speaks before i can.

"Daddy nothing happened." I say as Clare skips into the kitchen, pulling Jace behind her. Clare clears her throat and we all turn to look at her.

"Good morning! We have some exciting news. Jace has asked me to marry him!" Clare says.

"Congratulations Clare-Bear!" I jump up and give her a hug.

"You don't think you're going to fast?" My dad asks her.

"With all due respect Alpha, no. He is my mate and i want to start spending all of my time with him. I want to be connected with him every way i can." She says. I look to my father, waiting for a response. In our pack, you have to ask the Alpha to marry someone from a different pack. Usually he says yes, knowing that you can not keep mates apart. But on the rare occasion he says no and we lose a pack member.

"I see." Dad starts. "When is the wedding?" He says with a smile.

Clare has the biggest smile on her face and squeals a little. "We want it to be soon. Maybe March?"

My dad approves leaving an extremely happy Clare and Jace to start planning their wedding. "Abigayle may i speak to you now?" Dad says to me after they leave.

"Of course." I follow him into his office. "What is it daddy?"

"I would like to talk to you about tomorrow." Tomorrow is my 18th birthday. The day when my father can hand the reaponaibility of Alpha over to me. "What i want to know Abigayle, is are you ready to become Alpha of this pack? Are you sure you can do it?"

"Yes daddy i am sure i can do it. I have been waiting for this day for many years." I tell him.

"Alright Princess. So tomorrow we will have a gathering at the pack house, where i will make you Alpha and you have the ability to choose your Beta. It will have to be either Clare or Casey, so choose wisely. I am guessing that Grayson will be there?"

"I would like him to be. He is my mate daddy, and the people need to know that they can trust him and his pack." I say.

"Abigayle, do you know what happens when two Alpha's become mates?" I shake my head no and he continues. "When the Alpha's get married, they have the ability to combine the two packs into one. Would you combine the packs, or keep them separate?"

"I would combine the two. Making us a stronger and more powerful pack." I say it as if it was the obvious answer.

"Very well. Your mate is outside the door waiting for you. You shouldn't keep him." I get up and head for the door. "Abigayle," I turn around with my hand on the dor knob. "You are going to be a great Luna, Princess." I leave my fathers office smiling. The smile immediately fades when i see Grayson's concerned expression.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Abi, it's Cal." He starts. I pale in seconds and my heart beat quickens. "He's escaped."