Chapter 8 | Pounding hearts

"Mingyu?"

Bona is shock. Mingyu too.

They are staring to each other for a few minutes.

"Am I too handsome? Why are you staring so long?", said Mingyu to break the silence.

Bona shows her boring face, "Let me help you walk.", said Bona then she help Mingyu to stand.

"Where should i bring you?", ask Bona.

"To your house", said Mingyu

"Micheoseo? (Are you crazy??)"

Mingyu smile. Later than Bona help Mingyu walks to the nearest bench so that Mingyu could sit.

"Wait here."

3 minutes later Bona comes with ice and a candy.

"Take this", said Bona while give it a candy to Mingyu.

Mingyu is in blank, why candy? "What is this for?"

"Just eat it. My treat. As you helped me the other day.", said Bona while patching an ice to Mingyu legs. His trousers are stripped. His hands and face has wound too.

"Am i a kid? I dont want candy. Please buy me something else", said Mingyu while still eating the candy.

"Ya!! We are 0-0 now."

*suddenly Bona's phone is ringing*

"Yes hareobuji, im going home now. Okay.. okay.", said Bona who is on the line.

"Is that your grandpa?"

"Yes." Bona is giving away the ice to Mingyu. "Im going home right now, do it by yourself."

"Are you not working today?"

"Nope. Annyeong 👋".

"Wait! Are we friends?", ask Mingyu out of sudden.

"...N..No we are not. I am your debtor. Listen Mingyu-ssi, tomorrow I'll get my paycheck, only then i can pay you back. See you."

Bona is leaving Mingyu at the store. She feels something wrong but she is not very sure about her feelings as she left and going back home.

'Why my heart is racing?', said Mingyu while putting his hand on his chest.

At school gate

Bona is waiting for Mingyu. A few minutes later she sees Mingyu is running to her. "Ya! Why are you taking so long?"

"Im sorry. We're just finishing a rehearsal for upcoming Prom Night", reply Mingyu.

'Prom night? Ughh i hate that', said Bona to herself.

"Are you going right? Its our last year."

"I dont know.", reply Bona bitterly. "Ya! This is your money. Im sorry for paying it late. You can buy a new brand guitar. Bye", said Bona while giving a sum of money to Mingyu. As she wants to leave, Mingyu grabs Bona hands tightly.

"Ya, what are you doing?", ask Bona a bit mad.

"Just follow me.", said Mingyu while grabbing Bona hands.

At guitar shop

"Hey Mingyu, long time no see. You are looking more handsome.",said the owner of the shop, Ryu-hyung.

Mingyu smiles.

Ryu is looking at Bona who is standing besides Mingyu, "Is she your girlfriend? She's cute. Both of you looks good together.", said Ryu smiling.

Bona smile awkwardly, "N..n..", she wants to say NO but Mingyu immediately interrupt

"Hyung, i want to buy a guitar", said Mingyu

"New guitar? Oh. Where is your guitar? It was an expensive guitar right?"

Mingyu and Bona are looking at each other. Bona feels sorry.

At school hall

"Ya! Why are we at school again?", ask Bona.

Mingyu did not answer her but instead he grab a chair and put it in front of Bona. "Sit here."

"Ya! I dont have much time for this. Can i just leave? My grandpa is waiting for me.", said Bona.

Actually, Bona is really does not feel comfortable being at the school hall with Mingyu alone. Her hearts is beating so fast but she still does not let her face showing the nervousness she feel right now.

Mingyu smile, "Just one song. I want you to hear it first with my new guitar."

"But..."

"Please."

"Wait wait. Im going to die later if Nana and her friends saw me being with you."

"Nana and I.. we are over. So, let's not talk about her."

'Gulp!'
'Its over? Is it because of me? Oh my god.. then my death is really really...', Bona is uncomfortable.

Mingyu is setting up his guitar.

"Oh no! I just remember i need to meet Seho oppa", said Bona while standing up from her chair. "Im sorry Mingyu, i'll listen to it later. Annyeong.", later then Bona left Mingyu at the school hall.

Mingyu feels so disappointed.

3 days later

Within this 3 days, Bona did not see Mingyu face at all. 'Is he sick?'.

While reading a book in the class...

"Ya! Last week I saw Mingyu is with a girl at school hall.", said by one of Bona classmate.

"Isn't Nana?"

"No its not Nana. That girl is quite short. I cant see her face."

'Gulp', suddenly Bona feels hot.

"What are you talking about? Last night i saw him with Nana. It seems that both of them are getting back together.", said by the other girls.

To be continued...