Chapter 10 - They Just Had To Come Back

Vaughan tossed and turned in her sleep all night long as she slept on the couch that night, letting her mother use her room for the time being.

She couldn't get the thought of her mother discovering the Autobots and taking her away from them out of her head. She even brought down her iPhone and her laptop with her to make sure if the Autobots did try to contact her, she would be the first to know and not her mother.

All of that stressful thinking even caused her to have a dream, or more like a nightmare of her mother taking her away and never seeing the Autobots, or even her cousin and uncle ever again! It made her wake up with a quick gasp, as she sat up on the couch, using a pillow and a single blanket as her only comfort and warmth.

"No... I can't let that happen." she whispered to herself.

She's a superstar isn't she? Ironhide even said so... Ironhide... If mom found out about the Autobots, she was going to miss that big old lugs cowboy accent and war stories.

So if Vaughan goes down, then that means the Autobots go down with her.

They all go down together.

"What would a superstar do?" she asked herself.

She eyed her laptop, and an idea came to mind, like a lightbulb shining on over her head in a cartoon.

She pushed the blanket off and got up from the couch, sitting down in front of the coffee table and opening her laptop. She picked up her beats headphones, plugging them into her laptop so the noises wouldn't wake anyone.

She brought the beats and sounds up on her screen and got to work.

At 5:00 in the morning.

"No turning back now." she thought.

*********

It was now 8:30 in the morning.

No one else in the household seemed to be up yet, which was a complete shock to Vaughan. Normally Sparkplug would be up by now, eating breakfast as he read the morning paper before heading off to the garage.

But thanks to the extended peace and quiet, Vaughan finished the music she made for her third dubstep song.

She smiled with glee as she listened to it, bobbing her head to the music.

"This will do nicely." she thought.

But as she listened to it, a thought popped into her head. For some reason, even all that work she put into it, and after the long hours, she felt like it was empty. Like something was missing.

But what?

She saved her work, and took a glance around YouTube, looking for any kind of inspiration. She decided to look up techno music. It seemed relatively close to Dubstep, so Vaughan decided to do some exploring in that area.

As she listened to the different tones, she discovered the one thing they had that Dubstep didn't have.

Or at least her Dubstep anyways.

They had lyrics.

And not just random voices in the background.

Actual lyrics.

Like someone actually singing.

She thought about singing herself. She thought her voice was alright. But would it make this song her best one yet?

She thought about the situation she was in now, regarding the Autobots and the secret she had to keep from her mother.

"If we go down, we all go down together