Chapter 9

"What?!" Donnie said rushing to his lab door. Raph was right, Oskari was gone and the garage door was open. "How did this happen?" Then he remembered something and turned to the last person who was in the lab. "Mikey! What did you do?!"

"What? I thought the restraints were a little tight so I loosened them, but only a little." Mikey said.

"Mikey, we don't know who we were dealing with. For all we know, he could have had some training in some point of his life-" Leo began but was interrupted by Donnie,

"Which is clear he had."

"Anyway, he could have learned how to wiggle his way out."

"Then he would have gotten out even if I didn't loosen the restraints!" Mikey pointed out.

"The ties were pretty tight Mikey." Donnie said.

"Now he's loose in New York. For all we know, he could have been trained to be an assassin like Kari." Raph said. They continued arguing for a while, instead of looking for their lost captive.

----Meanwhile, Further down the sewers----

Oskari leaned up against the wall that stood next to him. He was tired and out of breath. A little hungry too. The air he forced into his lungs was cool but smelled terrible. It made him nauseous and he felt dizzy. Slowly, he slid down to the ground, knowing it was unlikely he'd be able to get up again for a very long time.

He knew he should have stayed behind and answered their questions but he couldn't. Not with them so close by. Even though he want to see them so badly that it hurt, he just couldn't bring himself to face them. Not after everything that had happened. He didn't have any idea what he would have said if he had seen them.

"Stupid." He hissed. "Stupid, stupid, stupid." He hit the back of his head lightly against the wall again and again. Suddenly he stopped, staining his ears for something he thought he had heard. It was difficult however, due to his consciousness beginning to fade.

"Honey,..." Said a voice. It was nearby too. Oskari tried to move his body; he didn't want to be spotted but it was no use. He could barely move an inch.

"Hey are you alright?" Said another voice. Oskari looked up to see the man and woman that had gone into the turtles' lair. They stared at him and he stared at them. Oskari would have tried to change his voice and act differently than he normally would have, if it wasn't for the fact that he knew that it would work, not against them. Jeana knelt down and careful untied his mask, as if she were afraid that she might break him if she went too fast. Oskari allowed her to, though it's not like he had any strength to stop her. She set the mask on the ground then cupped his face in her hands.

"You were there, weren't you?" She whispered. Oskari only gave her a weak smile before she trapped him in her famous bear hug. Axle knelt down as well and rapped his large arms around both of them. With their combined strength, Oskari couldn't breath. Once they noticed this they quickly let go and Oskari began coughing and gasping for air. It wasn't long until Jeana wrapped him in another hug, almost just as tight.

"Careful." Axle laughed. "You might squeeze the air out of him again."

"You did it too." Jeana said in a small pout, loosening her grip on Oskari. Finally she held him by the shoulders and looked him up and down. "By the looks of you,... you're lucky you were able to walk this far. What happened to you?"

"I'm fine." He said.

"Oh really." She said, folding her arms. "Then stand."

"Uh, um, haha, uh..."