Chapter Four: Cas's Pre-Date Panic

Cas woke up that morning smiling and being nice to Gab which was slightly unusual

"You okay?" Michael asked Cas as he made eggs

Cas didn't respond because he was too busy picturing Dean's beautiful light brown hair, green eyes that seemed to be able to put Cas in a trance and those freckles that decorated Dean's face. He didn't usually like freckles but he loved them on Dean.

"Where'd your mind go Cas?" Michael asked with a bit of a laugh

"Nowhere, I'm sorry, what did you say before?" Cas said waking up from his daydream about Dean

"I asked if you were okay"

"I'm fine, why?"

"You have never daydreamed, that's why"

"It's nothing Michael"

"Okay, well I have to go in early today, I'll be home at 7:00"

"I might not be here, I have plans but I'm not sure when I'll be home"

"Okay, call me when you're on your way home but if you're home later then ten you're grounded" Michael grabbed his car keys and coat opened the door and said goodbye. Once his car was out of sight Gab grabbed Cas and sat him down on the couch and said "Who's your date tonight"

"W-what I don't have a date" Cas said feeling himself starting to blush

"Yah, you do. Now tell me her name"

"No, I can't tell you her name"

"Why not?" Cas didn't say a thing then Gab starting punching Cas's arm and yelled "Why can't you tell me her name"

"It's not even a her!" Cas yelled at Gab then immediately regretted saying it and turned bright red

"You're gay!" Gab yelled with wide eyes "Since when!"

"Um... I think I was always gay but only realized it yesterday"

"So who's the guy?"

"I can't tell, I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone"

"Come on!" Gab yelled

"I promised!" Cas said getting annoyed by his brother

"Tell me or I won't leave you alone and I won't tell everyone" Cas was silent again and Gab started punching him in the same spots again

"Fine I'll tell you if you promise you won't tell anyone no matter what. I really like him and if people find out about us he might break everything off"

"Fine, now tell me, tell me now!"

"It's Dean, Dean Winchester"

"You mean king of the school, pitcher for the varsity baseball team, one of the most popular kids in school, is not only gay, but has a date with you tonight"

"Yah, our second date"

"Wow wow wow! When was your first date? I thought you said you only figured out you were gay yesterday"

"Well it wasn't planned but we're considering last night our first date"

"Last night? At that guy Ben's party?"

"Yah, we meet earlier that day then at the party we were both avoiding the drunk teens downstairs and we started talking and we kissed a few times-"

"You guys kissed? How many times?"

"Eight times and he kiss me on the cheek once"

"Eight times? Really? How long were you two up there?"

"He entire time I was there"

"Holy crap dude! That was hours! Who made the first move?"

"Me, I kissed him first"

"Good for you bro"

"Um... Thanks. Now just let me get an outfit together then get a pie, he really likes apple pie"

"After you get the pie, you're telling me every detail from when you meet to you left the party"

"We actually made the date plans over the phone after we left the party just so you know"

"Really? What happened? Did he call you or..."

"I texted him first about the date"

"Could I see?"

Cas opened his phone to his and Dean's conversation and gave the phone to Gab

"Oh my God! He said he loves you! You said you might love him too! Why is this so serious already? You have known each other for less then a day! This is insane!"

"I know but I love it! I should be scared but it's different with Dean"

"You really like Dean don't you" Gab said quietly

"I do. I honestly think I love him. It's was like love at first sight truthfully."

"Wow. I hope it goes good for you two. I'll let you get ready I guess, call me if you need help, my day's clear."

"Okay, thanks a lot"

"No problem bro" Gab grabbed his coat and told Cas "I'm gonna walk around town but don't be shy to call me" then Gab walked the out the door. Cas went to his room and went through his closet but could decide what to wear so he called Gab and told him this and Gab came home and full forty-five minutes later with a large bag and told Cas to try the clothes in the bag on. The clothes fit perfectly and were all black. Black skinny jeans, a black tight button down shirt, and a pair of black sneakers. Cas added his matching blue blazer and tie and his fathers trench coat. He was nervous Dean wouldn't like the outfit and that he would say the wrong thing and that the date would go badly and Dean wouldn't want to go on another one and that he might bore Dean and so many other negative things until Gab said "You're nervous and anxious. I can tell. Quite it."

"Well what if something goes wrong, what if everything goes wrong?"

"Look Dean said he loved you after spending a couple hours kissing you and talking to you. He was also the one who suggested the date, right?"

"Yah, but-"

"Everything could go wrong and I think Dean wouldn't care if you be yourself based on what you told me about Dean"

"You really think so?"

"Yes I do, and besides, I'm sure it'll go fine"

"Yah you're probably right" Cas said with a small smile. Although what Gab told him helped, Cas still had anxieties about the date, but he had anxieties about everything. After a while of Cas just lying down and thinking of Dean it was 4:30 and Cas left to buy an apple pie from the best bakery around which was near the outskirts of town and when Cas got there, it was ten to five and the pie was already ready for him. He paid for the pie, hid it in his car so Dean wouldn't find it. He wanted to surprise Dean with it after they ate the picnic Dean packed. After Cas hid the pie under a seat in the back of the car, he went straight to Dean's house and got there at 5:30 on the dot. He smiled when he saw Dean run to a cooler, pulled a basket out of it, and run straight for the car. Before Cas could say anything Dean kissed him and when Dean pulled away he smiled and wide, toothy smile and said "Hey Angel Face" Cas laughed at the goofy, irresistible smile Dean had plastered on his face and said "Hey Sunshine, let's go"