Before Dusk

(Y/N) POV

Viridi came to the temple earlier in the morning. She seemed to be concerned. Pit and Icarus accompanied her here. Pit and Viridi entered the throne room and had been there since then.

I'm watching the kids as I wait for Dark Pit to come back after he trains the army. "I wonder was wrong..."

"Aunt, do you know why we came here? Mom and Dad rush out home, and they looked a bit sad." The blonde boy looks at me worried, and I can say I see fear in his eyes. "Don't worry sweetie, they are just having a god's reunion." Icarus tries to calm down with my answer. I pat his head and smile to give him extra support.

"Icarus, Inna? What are you doing here?" Dark Pit's deep voice sounds in the background. "Uncle Pit and Aunt Viridi came to the temple, so Mommy brought us here." I turn to see him. He just shrugs asking what's wrong. I motion my hands telling him to come near me.

"What's going on here?" I can hear seriousness in his voice. "I- " I'm interrupted by a soldier "Commander Dark Pit, Lady Palutena and Lady Viridi are asking for your presence in the throne room." Dark Pit nods. "Thanks lad, I'm on my way."
My husband leaves with the young soldier.

It looks it isn't the best time to tell him.

Pit's POV

"We can't wait! We need to act before it's too late." Viridi shouts as she argues with Lady Palutena. "Too late for what?" Pittoo enters the room just in time. "What the hell is going on?" Viridi's shouts made him worry. He understood there is something serious happening.

I think I should be direct. "Multiple towns that are under our surveillance had been attacked. The people has been completely annihilated." My heart shrinks after my words. I clench my hands into fists feeling guilty.

"Do you know what kind of thing attacked them?" Pittoo says without loosing his composure. "There's no witness. The only think that's left is the once called village." Lady Palutena adds.  

"But it seems to be some kind of beast. The bodies had several scratches and bites in their bodies. Beasts that attack to kill not because they are hunting." I say remembering what we saw.

"We already take precautions with the other villages. Viridi made a barrier around them to protect the civilians. But we need to stop this new threat." I said with determination. We need to save this world! I want a world of peace for my son.

"Palutena, goddess of light, that's the reason of our visit. We need to unite our armies to stop them. We need your help." Viridi asks as she bows before Lady Palutena. "Goddess of nature Viridi, you have my support. I accept your request." Lady Palutena stands from her throne and nods to Viridi.

"Commander Pit, go back to the temple and protect it! Tell our soldiers to get ready to fight in any moment...I'll go back as soon as possible." My wife hugs me with worry on her eyes. I caress her cheek and plant a quick kiss on her lips. "I'll do as you say. I'll protect our kingdom." I place her hands on my chest.

"Commander Dark Pit, prepare our troops. We need to save our people and stop these beasts before it's too late." The light goddess says with passion and fury.

Dark Pit seems to be as worried as I am, but he nods. He clenches his fists and furrows his brows. "I'll do so, Palutena." He accompanies me out the throne room.

"We most get ready for war."

A/N:

Hey there! Dani here.

Well guys, I'm afraid this book is coming to its end. I want to thank you so much to all of you for believing in my story through all this time. You are the reason why I write, so thank you all.

Don't worry it won't end that fast, but it will end. I hope you liked this chapter. We still have a few chapters left and (I hope so) an epic end.

Love you guys, see ya.