Nightmare

(Y/N) POV

"Blacksmiths, we need all those blades sharp and in conditions for a fight. Repair any armor that has been damaged and make new if there is any part missing." Dark Pit said to the angels and centurions that are in charge of that work. I can see how energetic he gives away orders. Like a natural leader. "Yes Commander!" They salute him and leave to the furnaces.

Dark Pit turns around to face us. The black haired man reunited all of us in the training room. "Soldiers of the Light Army!" We salute him in respect. Our commander nods in response and tells us to stop.

"We train hard everyday, fighting against each other to improve our abilities. I know that we had lived a time of peace since Hades was defeated. We haven't experienced any other war. Our primordial mission has been to maintain peace all over Human World and Skyworld." I can hear the cheers of some younger recruits. We just smile knowing that we have done a good job, but knowing that there's something bigger coming.

"Our worlds need us one more time. An unknown threat is coming to us. It already destroyed complete villages in Viridi's domain. It's dangerous... I know that many of you have never experienced war before, but we are the line of defense of these worlds! We must fight to bring peace back once and for all!" We give a war scream even if fear floods our hearts right now. Dark Pits nods once again before moving his sight to me.

"The best way to block any chance of attack is by dividing ourselves into groups..." I try to focus on Dark Pit, but I quickly get distracted by my own fears.

He is right... Many of us haven't fight in a war. I was only sixteen years old when that happened. So was Pit. But the difference is that he became a hero during that war and I... I just waited for someone else to do something about it. Until the chaos kin attacked Skyworld.

Everything I had was destroyed. My family... I never forget how my parents die to protect me. Since that day I decided to became a warrior and protect my world. No matter the cost or the pain. I will never let that happen again.

Dark Pit's POV

I finish giving instructions to the army, but I notice an angel lost in thoughts.

I walk to my wife and as I get closer I hear her saying something with her clenched teeth. "Never!" She says. I pat her shoulder to gain her attention. (Y/N) looks at me surprised.

"Yes, Commander?" I smile as I lift a brow. "The others are gone. You can stop that, soldier." She relaxes before showing worry on her eyes. "I know what war means to you... I understand your fear. I never imagined we would need to fight in a war, but here we are."

"You don't have to do this if you don't want." She turns her sight to me. Silence prevail for a few seconds before she answers. "I became part of this army to protect this world. Now, the ones I love gave me a whole new reason to fight. I promised to fight with you side by side, and there's nothing in the universe that can make me change my word. I'm ready to fight Dark Pit." She offers me her hand making me know she's willing to fight with me. I give her mine and we both give a reassuring smile.

"We must go to the temple. Palutena wants us to go with Viridi back to their realm. Since the attack started from there we must prevent its movement." (Y/N) comes with me to the temple.

*In the temple*

"Here we are." I said when we enter the throne room. Viridi and Palutena stare at each other before looking at us. "Did you find a clue, Lady Plautena?" My wife asks trying to know what's happening.

Viridi looks defeated. But Palutena gains courage and answers. "We did... But they attacked another village. The barrier didn't save anyone." The goddess of nature clenches her teeth as she closes her eyes in sadness.

"They? So it's not only a beast. But how could they trespass a barrier made by a god?" Viridi turns her sight to us. "Because they are gods as well... They covered the land in a dense darkness and the sun doesn't shine in the destroyed areas. Nothing lives under their control." Tears fall from the blonde's eyes.

"Gods?! Who are they?!" I shout searching a response. "Why do they attack humans? Aren't they the only ones who give tribute to the gods?" Palutena's demeanor turns serious.

"They are two gods that gain strength when people die. Together they are so strong that even we fear them. That's why they were sent in exile to the Underworld."

"The goddess of night, Nyx and the god of darkness, Erebus. I once fought against him and won. But this time he has his wife with him."

I stand without saying a word. "We don't know what they want, but we must stop them as fast as we can. Dark Pit and (Y/N) you are coming with me." Viridi tells us with deep sadness. (Y/N) nods and takes my hand to show me her support.

"You can count with us. We kill a god once. We can do it again!" Palutena cheers a bit with my comment.

"Go! I'll protect Skyworld as the goddess I am."

With that being said, we teleport to Viridi's temple.

Be careful Palutena.

A/N:

Hey guys! Dani here.

Well things are getting a bit dark here. I really hope you liked this chapter. I know what you may think, why didn't I talk about your past before? Well, I didn't want to get into that because Dark Pit's our main character here.

Anyway, I altered Nyx and Erebus story a bit. But hey, I think it worked.

Well see you my dear and loved followers.

Dani out!