t w o

austin

"hey ace family," i say into the camera. "what's going on everybody?"

"now today, we are gonna prank zoe and her little boy toy, hayes. we're gonna throw both of them into the pool, but first, we needa check if they're awake."

i walk outside quietly and see they're still asleep in the gazebo, leaning against each other.

"looks like our plan is gonna work, but instead let's not throw in hayes cus let's give the kid a break. he put up with my ugly little sister."

i set the camera at a perfect angle on one of the lounge chairs, "elle, bebe, come outside, but be quiet."

"okay ace family, this is going down," i say standing at the edge of the pool.

"three, two, one."

i drop zoe into the pool and she immediately wakes up. now, i'm not that mean to my little sister, so i got the poor girl a towel.

hayes wakes up from all the commotion and sees her in the pool.

"hayes, help me up," she says holding out her hand, giving him the puppy eyes. he agrees and tries to pull her up when she tugs him down.

"hey," he laughs. he grabs her, runs out of the pool, and jumps back in.

"hayes," she laughs. "you ruined your own hoodie!"

"well ace family, this was successful if i do say so myself."

zoe jacqueline

hayes helps me out of the pool as we're both soaking wet.

"i'm so cold," i shiver glaring at austin. catherine hands both hayes and i warm, fluffy towels. hayes wraps his arms around me as i'm still shivering.

"i'm gonna home to get ready and feed zan," he tells me kissing my forehead. "i'll come back in like an hour at most."

"sorry about your hoodie," i tell him looking at the drenched fabric. "but it was kinda your fault."

"it's okay," he laughs. "keep it, it looks better on you than it ever did on me."

"bye grier."

"bye mcbroom."

he leaves and i see everybody looking at me.

"what?"

"what was that," austin says.

"nothin," i say acting confused.

before they say anything else i run into the house and take the carpeted stairs. i go to my bathroom and peel off all the wet clothing. i turn on the shower and put skin burning water.

shit,

i forgot to tell catherine to wash the hoodie. i grab my phone and call her.

"aren't you taking a shower?"

"yeah, but i forgot to tell you to wash my wet clothes, so i can give hayes his hoodie back," i explain. "and put my clothes where they go, please."

i hear her groan as she agrees. i thank her and hang up.

time to finish getting ready.

ACE

i walk out of my bathroom wearing skinnies and an army green champion t-shirt. looking up from my phone, i see hayes on my bed.

"who let you in," i laugh.

"elle. she has great manners."

i put on my army green nike's and my watch.

"i'm ready and this is yours," i say giving him his hoodie.

"i swear keep it. i have other jackets," he insists. "if you say so."

i grab a hanger and hang it on the clothes rack i have in my room. it's mainly used for my comfy clothes. i hang my hoodies and tees while i have two boxes on the bottom. one with leggings and sweats while the other has shorts and spandex.

"now we can go," i tell him.

"my car," he asks. i nod, not wanting to get mine out of the garage.

we head down the staircase and tell the family of three that we're leaving. when i open the door, elle runs to us whining that she wants to go.

"we'll go tomorrow, yeah?"

"yeah," she says nodding her head. she runs back to the couch and continues to watch coco.

i love her so much.

ACE

"poor wittle hayes is bored," i say making fun of the older kid. he pouts and leans on my shoulder. i literally have bought everything he's wanted, which wasn't much.

i was just getting a new pair of shoes and some adidas joggers cus you can never have too many. i pay for my things and we head to the food court.

"is that all you want," i ask him.

"no," he tells me.

"what else?"

"more like a who, but you," he says pulling me close making our lips ghost each other.

"nice try, pretty boy," i say pulling away.

"what do i have to do," he groans.

"that's for me to know and for you to find out," i wink. he pulls me back and has us in the same position.

i peck his lips and look at him in the eyes, "just know you're gonna have to try a little."

ACE

ACE

published: june thirteenth, 2018
revised: apr. twenty-sixth, 2019
word count: 848

an
ik i don't update frequently. i'll try but bare wit me. thanks for reading. bye babes! ❤️