s e v e n

zoe jaqueline

"when do i get to leave," i whined to catherine and austin. hayes was at his house showering and getting some clothes for me.

"when hayes gets here."

i groan.

i am so freaking tired of being here already. elle was falling sleep and i was ready to pass out along with her. the door barges open and there stood

hayes grier, the boyfriend,

and tanner fox, the ex.

"interesting group," i say.

hayes gives me my clothes and kisses my head while he's at it, "i'm back, babe."

"everybody out for right now, while i change," i shoo'd them. i slide on my shorts and t-shirt, pulling hayes' hoodie back on.

i open the door and motion for everybody to come back in. hayes sits on my bed while tanner stays standing near the door.

"where did austin, catherine, and elle go," i ask.

"they had to go and film some video cus they hit ten million," hayes tells me. of course they had to leave, they always do. i didn't even get to say bye to elle.

"oh," i say slightly disappointed, trying not to show it. "why are you here, tanner?"

i notice his eyes are red like he had been crying and looked really pale with bags underneath his eyes.

"i honestly don't know what i'm doing here," he says looking out the window. "taylor cheated on me, she has been the whole time we got together, and kirby was put to sleep. i also heard you were here and just wanted to see if you were okay."

tears start to drip down his red cheeks and to be honest, the kid looks miserable.

'give me a few,' i mouth to hayes. he nods kissing my cheek, once again.

"i'll beat his ass if he tries to kiss you," he whispers into my ear. i slightly laugh and assure him that nothing is gonna happen.

"tanner come here," i tell him.

"why didn't you tell me about kirby," i ask pulling him into a hug.

"cus it happened about a month after we broke up," he tells me.

"it's only been a month. this happened recently." he nods and buries his head into my neck.

"i know you're under a lot right now but take a break from youtube, editing is stressful as it is for you and under all this you need a break."

he sighs, "i don't want to upset all the supporters though, i already took a break a few months ago."

"it's the best for you right now. yes some will be sad, angry, or happy but you need to take care of yourself," i tell him.

"okay," he breathes out.

"good."

i rub his back a little and pull away. i start to notice how much worse he actually was. his bags were so deep, his eyes were too red, and you can notice his tear stained cheeks.

"call me whenever you need me tanner, i'm serious," i say pulling him back into my arms. "it's been forever since we've been to san diego together. road trip?"

"yeah, soon."

"good, i miss your mom," i laugh. "and you can get a girl that's waaaay better than taylor."

"are you sure," he asks me. tanner was looking down at the floor, not confident at all. poor baby, he had his self esteem ruined.

"absolutely. you managed to sweep me off my feet, didn't you?" he gives me another hug.

"i think i'm gonna stay with my mom for a little in san diego, but thank you for everything zoe. i don't deserve you at all, i love you, kid. i don't think i'll ever stop," he smiles.

"i love you too, and i definitely won't ever stop. i just love hayes a little more now."

he smiles at me, "you two are great, by the way. you deserve each other."

"thanks tfox."

tanner braungardt comes in, a little surprised that the other tanner is here.

"you good," he asks giving me a hug.

"yeah just gotta take care of myself," i tell him.

"sorry to interrupt but i have to go. bye zoe," tanner waves.

"bye fox, if you need anybody i'm one call away," i tell him. he smiles and walks out the door as hayes walks in.

"what was that," hayes asks me.

"the kid has had a tough month. i needa be there for him."

"as long he doesn't break boundaries, i'm good," he says kissing my temple.

"i love you."

"i love you too, bubs." i yawn laying my head on his chest.

"you get to leave. i already signed you out," hayes tells me.

tanner already left, he just came to tell me he was leaving for kansas. i'm gonna miss that kid.

i hop of the bed grabbing my backpack as hayes holds my hand. we walk out the hospital and towards his car. i see a shadow in it, one that looks familiar.

i open the door, "zan!"

he jumps up and licks me. i get in the jeep and hayes sets his doggo on me. i lean the seat back a bit to lay down with my baby.

"night zan," i whisper to him as he licks my cheek.

"my two favorites."

ACE

no recent posts

ACE

published: july twenty-ninth, 2018
revised: apr. twenty-ninth, 2019
word count: 932

an
this of course was kinda overdue as it felt to me but i love you guys for the support. almost at one thousand reads. i love you. thanks for reading. bye babes! ❤️