t h r e e

zoe jaqueline
one week later

i wake up. sweat is dripping down my forehead, tears running down my cheeks, and some heavy breathing going on in my lungs, which caused a coughing fit.

just,

breathe.

i grab my phone and check the time.
five forty-eight am, june eighteenth.
it's been two years, abby.

"i miss you, abs," i say looking up.

i should've never made her go to that party with me.

i should've never made her take shots with me.

i should've never gotten wasted.

i should've never made her go cruising while drunk.

she did all of it to make me happy after a breakup and i caused her death wish.

i facetime hayes, tryna see if he will answer.

"it's fiv- hey what's wrong," he says taking a full look at my red, blotchy face.

"can you stay on until i fall asleep," i ask him, my voice barely above a whisper.

"i'm coming over instead," he says grabbing his keys and hoodie. "and i'm bringing in n out. be there in fifteen, bubs."

"staying on facetime with me would've been enough," i tell him.

"but it wouldn't been enough to me, knowing that you're sad," he says.

"thanks hayes."

"anything for you."

ACE

bestie hayes.🥺💙
i'm outside your casa

bubs.🧸💛
i just turned the alarm off
go through the backstairs
i'll meet you there

here i am, sneaking a guy into my brother's house cus i had a nightmare and he wanted to bring me food at six in the morning.

"hey, bubs."

i instantly wrap my arms around him, comforted by the smell of his cologne.

"hey," i whisper softly to him. we go to my room and sit on the queen-sized bed.

"i brought a cheeseburger, animal-style fries, a mountain dew, and a coke float," he says taking everything out. i grab my fries and coke float as root beer is the nastiest thing ever.

twenty minutes later, we're done eating and laying down. my leg was draped on his waist, hands in his hair as his arms were around me.

"you're the best, hayes," i tell him giving the kid a slight kiss on the cheek. he turns at the last second giving me a little kiss.

"i know," he grins cheekily.

i roll my eyes at him and his actions.

"we'll talk about that tomorrow."

"can't wait," he kisses my forehead. "there's really no point in going back to sleep anymore, it's already almost seven."

i yawn and look at him.

"maybe we can sleep for a few more hours," he tells me. i smile and lay my head on him. he kisses my head as i drift off to sleep.

maybe he can be my blue-eyed babe.