t w e l v e

third person
four months later

okay so here's the thing, a lot has happened in four months.

baby alaïa was born and elle was obviously excited to be a big sister. zoe had assisted her sister-in-law during birth, as did austin because, well, he kinda had to.

hayes and zoe did end up finishing her room after a long ass grey's anatomy binge session. the room turned out amazing, if she does say so herself. her navy blue-light grey color scheme looked beautiful put together.

now, as we come to the present time you should know that benjamin hayes grier and zoe jaqueline mcbroom have been together for almost seven months. exciting, right?

it's now 2019 and they're ready for it all.

ACE

zoe jaqueline
march

"hayes," i yelled out.

"what," he yells from the kitchen of his house.

"come here, i don't feel like getting up."

i hear him sigh and listen to his heavy footsteps coming down the hall and into his room, where i was currently laying in, tucked into the covers as some one direction played in the background.

"what's up," he asks standing in the doorway.

not gonna lie, he was quite the sight in just some nike joggers.

"come lay with me." i open up my arms as he lays on me. hayes rolls over pulling me with him. we just layed there for a while. he was tracing shapes on my bare stomach, underneath my, rather his, t-shirt.

"let's go visit alaïa and elle, bubs," i tell him, playing with his hair.

"put on some shoes and i'll put on a shirt," he kisses me, "i wanna go see the munchkins."

he starts to get up and it gets cold.

"wait, let's lay here for a few more minutes and then we'll go," i tell him, not ready to leave the warm, comfortable bed.

"bet, you're gonna fall asleep and we'll end up going later," he tells me.

"bet."

i continue to lay on hayes, wrapped with the comforter. he slips his warm hands underneath my shirt, again, and draws continuous shapes.

"now i really am gonna fall asleep," i yawn. i snuggle deeper into his chest and play with his hair.

"i'll wake you up later and then we'll see the girls," he tells me.

not even two minutes later and i'm out like a light.

ACE

"baby, wake up or else we'll never go see the other babies," hayes says, trying to wake me up. i yawn and go deeper into the blankets. in one swift move, he takes the comforter off of me and throws it on the floor.

"okay, i'll get up," i groan.

"thank you."

"oh shut up," i roll my eyes. i'm not always in the best mood when i'm woken up. i get up and stretch, checking myself out in the full body mirror. wow, i look like a mess in hayes' t-shirt and joggers with a super messy bun on the side of my head.

i am definitely gonna change.

i switch outta hayes' clothes and into my yale sweater and black nike shorts and slip on my nike slides. quickly dutch braiding my hair, i walk out the room and meet hayes in the living room.

"there, i'm ready," i tell him.

"let's go then," he says grabbing his keys and a fiji water out of the fridge.

"get me one too," i yell out to him. he throws it at me and i, surprisingly, catch it. "nice throw."

"football payed off."

we leave the house and lock the door, of course. i get into his jeep and immediately connect my phone to the bluetooth. "so what should we jam out to this time?"

"my baby, ariana grande."

i roll my eyes and put on her amazing new album, thank u, next.

"i still love you. you're my number one baby," hayes tells me.

"whatever you say, benjamin."

okay maybe i'm being a little too salty,

oops?

we finally make it to the house. i can finally see my girls after a few months.

"knock, knock," i yell, walking in the door. i spot shyla and landon in the living room as well. "i think i picked the right day to come."

we greet my brothers and their womans.

"we've missed you around here," catherine says, hugging me. i grab alaïa outta her arms as she reaches out towards me. i've missed this chunky kid, as i really don't come as often. maybe once or twice every month just to get clothes or something.

"i've missed it here," i tell her. "i kinda wanna move out to my own apartment or maybe just be home more than i am."

by now, shyla, catherine, and i have moved to the kitchen. back in the living room, hayes, landon, and austin were talking about some basketball game as elle and alaïa are taking a nap.

"i think you should do whatever makes you happy, like you could move in with hayes or get your own apartment or even just stay here with austin, the girls, and i. they miss their favorite aunt living here with them," catherine tells me as she grabs another piece of watermelon.

"i think i'm gonna start looking for apartments. it's too early in my relationship to move in with hayes, even though i practically live there now, and i want my own place since i'm eighteen."

"we can start helping you look at apartments," shyla suggests. "plus it can't be too long before you and hayes move in together and start a family or something."

i look over to the living room and see hayes coloring and laughing along with elle.

"yeah maybe," i smile, looking down at my cut-up mango.

we'll see where life takes me.

ACE

no recent posts

ACE

published: mar. twenty-seventh, 2019
revised: may first, 2019
word count: 1038

an
i am very, so sorry that i have literally been dead for awhile. i've gotten busy w honors classes and band and netflix and school, none of that is an excuse but ima t r y to update more frequently.👀 i love y'all.🥺 thanks for reading. bye babes! ❤️