e i g h t

zoe jaqueline
one week later

"guess who isn't a sick hoe anymore," i yelled through out the house.

"um you," hayes laughs as i nod at him.

"i can finally breathe now. i'm free."

"from sickness, not me." i stick my tongue out at him.

"you love me," he tells me.

"we been knew," i tell him wrapping my arms around his neck as his find my waist.

"since you're not sick anymore, i can kiss you now, right?"

he doesn't even let me answer the question as presses his lips against mine.

"you always did it anyways," i tell him.

"but now i get to enjoy it more as you're not throwing up every ten minutes and taking the blankets away."

i look at his swollen lips and squish his cheeks kissing his nose as he scrunches it up.

"you're adorable."

zan starts to bark at us causing me to pull away from the kid.

"hey, zan deserves some love." i grab his dog and laying on the couch. he starts to lick my face as i hold him closer.

"zan is the only one that shows me love when i want to cuddle," i mumble, loud enough for hayes to hear of course.

"i heard that."

"you were supposed to," i yell back. he comes out to the living room couch and lays on me.

"you're gonna crush me and, most importantly, your dog."

"i won't crush y'all and you're really warm," he laughs.

"mhm." i push him off of us and he lands on the floor.

thud!

"ow," he whines.

"suck it up, buttercup." he rolls his eyes at me taking his dog away.

"my babyy," i pout.

"shut up, you have me," hayes says pulling me on top of him. i roll my eyes and check my phone.

favorite mcbroom.👀💙
home
now
zoe
jaqueline

the one and only zoe jaqueline.💘
fine fine fine

"i have to go home, hayes," i say dropping my phone on his face.

"that hurt," he rubs his nose.

"sorry baby ," i say and kiss it better.

i grab my duffle and blanket and carry them to the jeep. hayes grabs me, pulling me back as i start to get on.

"don't leave me," he mumbles.

"i don't want to but i have to go. austin wants me home and you know how he gets," i tell him. he sighs and buries his head into my neck.

"the quicker i leave, the more likely i'll come back soon."

ACE

"what the hell happened here," i mumble walking through the front door.

"austin," i yell out.

elle runs out to me and i pick the running toddler up as she crashed into me, "elle, baby, what happened? are you okay?"

"mama and dada's room," she points to upstairs. i quickly go up them trying not to cut myself on any glass or trip over air.

"what the hell happened, austin," i tell him as i enter the master bedroom.

"i don't know, we came back from disneyland last night, the back door was shattered, and there was, and still is, a mess everywhere."

"they didn't take elle's ring which is what i was mainly worried about. they only took my handbags," catherine informs my brother.

"can i check my room?"

"yeah, go ahead. nobody is in the house besides the cops and us."

i walk up to my room and look at the mess:

mirrors shattered,

closet ransacked,

furniture moved around.

i run into the closet and rummage through my box. it was matte black with a bow holding everything i thought meant something, at least to me. i look in, immediately notice my gold locket that abby gave me was gone.

"austin," i choked out.

i drop all the contents on the ground trying to find anything left of hers in there. i check closer and see her iphone six is gone. there's no point in checking for anything else, so i don't bother looking for her laptop or ipad. they're probably long gone by now.

austin finally comes and grabs me.

"do you want hayes," he asks. i shake my head, not wanting to bother the kid as he put up with me for a week already, maybe even longer.

"he never left the driveway, you know. he stayed cus he knew something bad was bound to happen."

"bring him in."

ACE

ACE

published: aug. twenty-fourth, 2018
revised: apr. twenty-ninth, 2019
word count: 772

an
i suck at updating honestly but i just started school so i'm sorry, i'll try my best. thanks for understanding hoes. thanks for reading. bye babes! ❤️