Yelling and Love

I wake up in the hospital.  I move around slightly and shooting pain goes up my leg.  I look down at it, but it's wrapped in a thick layer of gauze.  I move around and figure out how to sit up without causing even more pain.  I'm about to hit the call button for a nurse when I see Andrea outside.  She's sitting on a chair outside the door, crying, but I can't hear anything.  I can only see her trembling, her hands pressed into her eyes.  Then I see Kian next to her, his arm over her shoulder, his face by her ear.  Connor comes over, saying something.  Then Andrea shoots up and I can tell that she's shouting.  I've only ever seen her scream like that once before, and the memory terrifies me.  I press the call button, but then slam my fist on it until a nurse finally appears outside the door.  She breaks up the group outside and Andrea is the only one allowed in.  

"Are you okay?!  What hurts?!  I can't believe that I let this happen.  I'm going to kill him.  This never would have happened if I hadn't let Sam come over.  I'm so stupid.  I should have been with you.  I shouldn't have left you alone with a boy.  I shouldn't have said that we would go to the mall with them.  This is all my fault.  I'm so sorry."

"No Andrea, it isn't.  I wanted to hang out with Connor.  It was my choice.  You may be my big sister, but it isn't always your job to take care of me.  I was just a cut.  I'm fine.  Connor's probably traumatized, but I'm fine and-"

"NO, YOU'RE NOT FINE!  IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF CONNOR!  HE'S IRRESPONSIBLE AND WE'RE NEVER SEEING HIM AGAIN!"

"Andrea.  You don't get to decide that.  You can choose not to see him, but Connor may have saved my life.  When I got cut, I just stood there like an idiot.  If he didn't tell me what to do, this situation could be a lot different."  The nurse comes over with a needle.  She pumps the clear liquid through the IV and explains that that's a magic pain killer that's very strong and will make me tired.  When she leaves, Connor comes rushing in, his voice a flood of apologies.  I suddenly feel so tired.  I try to reassure him that it wasn't his fault, but Andrea starts yelling again.  Even through the volume of her voice, I fall asleep, thanks to the medication.  

Connor's P.O.V.

Eventually Kian drags Andrea out of the room and calms her down.  I sit in the chair next to Cat's bed.  She's lying on her side, facing me.  Her hand is close to the edge of the bed and I gingerly bring it closer.  I rest it in my own and it feel so natural.  I remember walking through the parking lot with her; holding her hand.  It felt so natural.  Eventually, I focus on her face.  I brush her blonde hair out of her face, studying every inch.  Her nose is a little rounded on the bottom, like Andrea's, but Cat is paler than Andrea.  I remember her eyes; hazel, like Andrea's, but hers have gold and blue flecks.  Her eyelashes look so thick.  Her lips look so full. Her cheek bones so high.  I could look at her face for hours and never be tired of it.  

I'm afraid that she's going to wake up.  I wouldn't want her to think that I'm a creep.  I don't want her to think badly of me in anyway.  I care about her so much and I hope that she cares for me, too.  What if she doesn't?  What if I've fallen hopelessly in love with a girl who doesn't love me back?