Saturday

When I wake up again, it's to fingers running through my hair.  I look up at Connor's face, his eyes so bright and clear.

"Good morning," he says, smiling.

"What time is it?" I say groggily.

"It's actually 1:30 in the afternoon."

"Oh, my gawd.  Wait, what day is it?"

"Saturday," he says, his smile growing bigger.  

"What?"

"Nothing."  I push myself off of his chest and over to an empty place on the sofa.  

"Come backkk..." he whines.  "You're so warm and cuddly..."

"I can't.  What if Andrea comes downstairs?  I'm gonna go make breakfast."  I stand up and balance myself, holding my foot in the air.  I sort of shimmy away from the sofa and into the kitchen, turning on the different parts of my foot.  I grab a box of frozen waffles and throw them over to the toaster.

"You want help?" Connor says from the doorway. I shake my head and wiggle over to the toaster.  I put in four and shimmy over to the counter to get Nutella and syrup.  I grab a stack of plates and carefully balance them on my hand as I make my way back to the toaster, balancing the Nutella on the palm of my other hand, while holding the very edge of the syrup handle.  I basically throw everything on the counter when I reach it, making Connor laugh.  The waffles pop up, making me jump, and I quickly spread Nutella on them.  I squish them together like a sandwich and cut them into strips, filling a tea cup with syrup so that I can use it like a dipping sauce.  Connor smirks at me and does the same, following me to the kitchen table.

"Do you want to do something today?" I ask.  I love being with Connor.  He makes me happy when skies are gray.  I'm just afraid that as soon as he finds out how much I love him, he'll run fast and he'll run far.  I get butterflies when he looks right into my eyes.

"We could film that tattoo challenge thing that he had planned to do before."

"Sure."   We eat on in silence, but not for long, because everyone comes charging down the stairs.

"FFOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!" Kian shouts, making the room laugh.  They each do up their waffles in different ways, sitting wherever there's space around the room.  Connor and I must glance at each other a few too many times,

"So you guys are a couple now right?" Jc says.

"Yeah.  This whole having to pretend that we don't notice you too practically making out all the time is getting exhausting" Kian says, kissing the side of Andrea's head.

"By the way, Andrea and I are a couple now."

"Well, Cat and I are, too," Connor says, making me smile at my plate.

"Really?  Did you tell Cat?" He asks, laughing.  Am I ready to date Connor?  Won't this affect my entire life?  I have dance practice almost everyday after school.  Plus, I'm gone whenever our school football team has a game.  Then I still have homework and youtube.  I know that I have feelings for Connor, but I don't know what to do with them...  What do you even do with a boyfriend?  Kiss him and then put him in your closet until...  Until when?  How often does it eat?  Does it need sunlight?  What am I going to do?  I don't have time for a boyfriend...  Andrea doesn't do anything extra in school, so I could see how that would work out between them.  I don't want to date Connor while my foot heals and then have my schedule return to normal and have to push him away.  That would only hurt both of us.  But then Connor's foot taps mine and I look right into those green eyes and I nod, wanting nothing more than to reach over and press my lips into his.