The Last Sakuranoki and the Cherii no Hoshi no Ken

Some heroes are forever remembered. They are looked up to, sung of in ballads, recalled in tales and legends, honored with holidays of their own. These heroes are the ones we all know of, that all of the Galaxy still speaks of to this very day. If you mention any of their names, all will know who you speak of immediately.

But sometimes, a hero is praised for a short while and then forgotten. They get their proverbial fifteen minutes of fame, they are given a medal or some such, they are told that they are great and that their efforts are appreciated, and then they quickly fall into antiquity. Before much time has passed at all, their name means nothing. No one knows about them or remembers what they did. They are just another faceless name on a list of those lost, lost either to war or to time's relentless progression.

Saddest of all, there are those who were never recognized for what they did, never thanked for their kind or heroic actions, never sung of or told about to the new generations. These gave their possessions, strength, and sometimes even their lives to the cause of good and Light, but no one ever knew of them or their sacrifice. Worse than being a faceless name, they might as well not exist, for all we now know about them, anyway.

This story is the result of my efforts to right a grievous wrong. Hundreds of years ago, there lived a great heroine, a heroine who sacrificed much in her efforts to save a land from the attacks of Darkness. A heroine who never pretended to be more than she was, a heroine whose heart was full of Light, a heroine who gifted the universe with a powerful weapon that few others can compare to. She might not have ever won a battle, or ended a major enemy, or even participated in battle. But warriors are not the only kind of heroes, as this story will prove.

No one knows who she is, or that she was the maker of the weapon in question, or even that she was the very last of her kind. She lived her life in complete anonymity, and she remained that way even after her brave end. But if it wasn't for her, nothing in our Galaxy would be the same.

After years of research, I have finally learned enough about this unknown heroine to share her story with the Galaxy. She will finally be honored and remembered, her name will finally be known, her story will finally be told.

This is the story of the last of the Sakuranoki Fairies.

This is the story of the last sakuranoki ever grown by that family.

This is the story of the creation of a powerful sword.

But above all, this is the story of Cherry.

(This story is going to be a little bit different from my other stories. While it's still technically a Kirby fanfiction since it takes place in the Kirby universe, I'm going to try to use only original characters as actual characters and only mention canon characters in passing. So it's going to be an original story taking place in a fanfic universe, if that makes any sense. The events that happen in this book are canon within the world of my stories, and they're going to tie in with the main story in several major ways. And the characters are going to be Nintendo/Kirby species, like Fairies and Star Warriors, although there's going to be at least one species that I create myself. So you see, it's still an HoD story, I'm just going to try to grow some more as a writer and create all-new characters. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this story, because I'm going to be working hard on it just like with all my other stories! <(^D^)^ [By the way, if you look up the Japanese words in the title, you may or may not find a translation for them. Sakuranoki is a word I made up myself by combining real Japanese words, and Cherii no Hoshi no Ken isn't really typical Japanese either, even if all the words are real words. Besides which, you might end up with spoilers if you look up what they mean, so just go with it for now. All will be explained in time. XP])