6 - 2200H

A/N: Pauna na po - ito po ay fiction lang. Si otor po ay isang hamak na aliping sagigilid lang - hindi isang pulis o ahente ng NBI at lalong hindi abogado de kampanilya.

Nanang pasensiyahan na po, pero kailangan na po nating umpisahan ang imbestigasyon. Itaas ang kanang kamay para sa panunumpa. Ay sorry, wala pa pala tayo sa korte.

Pasensiya po sa late publish, one of the most difficult chapter to write as we introduce the meat of the case and still have development in the interaction between the two. Hindi lang nangalawang, nangamote pa.

10:15PM At the libary of Judge Manalo

Sooner or later, the awareness will begin.

The memory of that night and the embrace, not to mention the quick kiss, came rushing back to Richard as he watched Maine, acting all professional now in jeans and white shirt, prep up Nanang about her rights in the investigation that is about to happen.

"Natatakot ako. Wala na bang atrasan 'to?" The old lady kept wringing her fingers as she raise her eyes to Maine. Despite the built of her body, her loose dress makes Nanang look frail.

"Huwag po kayong kabahan. Tulad po nang sinabi namin kanina, andito po kami ni Atty Regine para protektahan ang mga karapatan n'yo. Ako po ulit si Maine, Atty Maine Capili.

Atty Regine approached them and put her hands on her shoulders. "Don't worry mader, mani lang yan, hindi butong pakwan. Panindigan mo lang ang alam mo. Basta ang tandaan n'yo lang po, wala tayo sa showbiz talk show, kaya bawal ang chismax."

Since it seems that there's a new found tension between her friend and the NBI agent after that scene outside the library, Atty Regine took it upon herself to start the proceedings.

She approached Richard at the end of the table. "Agent Pogi Reyes, huwag na nating patagalin 'to. Okay na ko sa exposure ko. Your witness, please."

But Richard did not hear her the first time. His eyes are still on Maine's reassuring hand on the arm of the older woman. It would have started another flood of memories if not for the repeated flicking of fingers in front of him. "Agent Pogi? Agent Pogi! Huy! Teka naman, iba yata trajectory ng mata mo e! Your witness is ready."

She leaned closer to whisper. "Pero tip lang, kung di ka maka-move on sa kaibigan ko, kilos-kilos din pag may time. Bakas ako ng sampu sa 'yo."

Pretending that he did not hear anything, Richard stood up  from his position and walked over to the other end of the table and sat at an angle where a nervous Nanang is seated. With a new resolve, he avoided looking at Maine who is who is now sitting opposite to him at the other side of the table.

He turned his full attention to the old lady. Enough of distractions for now.

A little background info.

While the women were eating earlier, he finally reached his Ninong through a call to give him a report on what transpired in the last two hours after they left the charter plane hangar.

It was agreed that the current situation leaves them with the only option of him getting the sworn statement from the witness while the rest of the team look for a staging area where they can bring her under the official radar of the agency. Hindi pa rin nate-trace kung sino ang nag-tip na may dadalhing witness sa safehouse. The surprise inspection was not done randomly. It was planned.

They need to be careful. Mukhang may leak sa loob ng ahensiya. They are no longer sure who they're up against.

But they cannot jeopardize the biggest break they've had so far in this investigation. What this witness know might finally give them the proof to launch a full scale preliminary investigation against their persons of interest and file a case to the proper court.