22 - 1400H

A/N: Just a quick reminder as we face another storm, literally and figuratively: In life, things may get worse before it gets better. But it will get better if you so desire and pray for it. Either the situation will get better or your handling of the situation will.

Time check: It's exactly 2:00 PM.

"Hello."

Richard was not able to immediately speak up. He knew it was Maine's father who answered the phone.

"HELLO! I know you're there whoever you are ...... This is all your fault. I'm telling you, GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!"

Richard gritted his teeth and almost dropped the call but concern over Maine prevailed.

He trusts Maine. Remembering how her phone got to her father last time, he knows something is wrong. This time, it's different.

So he stood his ground and spoke in clear and determined voice. "Sir, I know you don't like me for your daughter. You don't like me period."

"Buti naman alam mo. I don't know what part of the protective order you don't understand, sana sinabi mo so I could have send someone to explain it to you. I've seen your pictures together! Kaya kung ako sa 'yo magtago ka na or prepare to go to jail."

Pictures together? 

"I don't know what lies you were fed and with all due respect, sir,  I don't care. But believe it or not, I care about your daughter. I love her. Wala po akong planong magtago at handa po akong sumurender mismo sa inyo, sagutin n'yo lang po sana ang tanong ko. May nangyari po ba kay Maine? Ligtas po ba siya? One word from you will silence me."

There was indeed awkward silence from the other line.

Then the called was dropped.

But not before Richard heard the noise and commotion at the background.

Something is really wrong.

---------------------

Maine keeps on alternating between state of consciousness and semi-consciousness.

All she remembers is forcing herself to throw up in the rest room, assisted by the two waitresses, trying to empty her stomach. Then drained of what's left of her energy and weak in the knees, Maine had the feeling of moving but without her feet making the steps.

Of being carried out.

Voices again. More noise.

Then there were sounds of sirens.

And water.

Someone's holding her head and making her drink water.... as much water as she can take. I just want to sleep ..... no pee... I need to pee...

She wanted to speak. She wanted to shout but no sound came. Richard! I need to see Richard! He's waiting for me!

Maine felt the prick of a needle, then everything blacks out.

----------------------

His eyes dark and serious, Richard silently put on his helmet.

Finally, he got the call from the undercover agent that his Ninong dispatched to the hotel. He doesn't care if he gets arrested on the spot. He needs to get to Maine.

This time, they're not going to win.

"Kuya, o dapat ba Romeo na ang tawag ko sa 'yo at kay Atty ay Juliet? Joke lang! Alam kong pang-FAMAS na aktingan mo, pero sagutin mo ang tanong ko. Iiwan mo talaga ko dito?"