7 - 2300H

A/N: Realizations - ang hirap po pala talagang sumulat ng book 2 ng rom-com na action/adventure. Mga bes, the struggle is real.

At dahil struggle is real, may pumapasok na original na istorya sa utak kong nanghihingi ng break. Mas magaan siya. Tingin n'yo po, ipublish ko na opening chapter at salitan ang update? O tapusin ko muna 'to?

It's now 11:05 PM.

The clock is ticking and except for that piece of revelation, they haven't made any headway.

NBI Agent Richard F. Reyes impatiently paced back and forth, back and forth at the length of the sala, holding his phone, willing the other line to pick up. He decided to make another call after making sure all the doors and windows are locked.

He's well aware that it's almost midnight but he also knows that the person he's calling is still awake waiting for his update.

The call was answered at the 8th ring. "Siguraduhin mong importante 'to, Tisoy."

"Ninong, asan na po? Akala ko magpapadala ka ng kapalit ko. Wala pa po akong tulog."

"On the way na."

"With all due respect sir, I've been on duty for 24 hrs now."

"Your record is 48 hrs straight."

Richard massaged the back of his neck, he didn't have an answer for that.

This is proving to be difficult. He tried another tactic. "Sir, I need to go home if I'm to report to the Intelligence Command Center tomorrow. Hahanapin na 'ko. Baka makahalata kung sino man ang nagmomonitor sa 'tin."

"Ako'ng bahala sa alibi mo basta tapusin mo yung mission mo diyan. Nakuha mo na yung sworn statement? Tama ba ang hinala natin? May nakuha na ba tayong pangalan?"

As if he needed confirmation. He was not surprised when he heard onions and garlic. They've known that all along. They were in fact investigating a cell in a large network of illegal importers using different means to cover technical smuggling. What they need are names of people protecting them from the government side.

Names and dates. "Working on it sir."

"Kailangan yang madala sa sala ni Judge. SOP. Kailangang makakuha tayo ng search warrant.  Alam mo yan. Sayang ang element of surprise na advantage natin ngayon. Habang hindi pa nila nahuhulaan kung ano nangyayari."

He combed his hair with his fingers several times trying to calm himself, taking deep breaths. He has a responsibility to fulfill and a lawyer with doe-like eyes will not get in his way. "I shall conquer this. I shall." (A/N: ctto, guess from where)

-------------------

Inside the library....

"Ano? Seryoso ka? Sibuyas at bawang? Hindi pa sinamahan ng kamatis e di kumpleto na Magic Sarap?"

"Ano ba, Ate Reg! Quiet, nasa CR lang si Ms. Jackie. And we don't have the details yet. But my take is it's Technical Smuggling."

A/N: Let's Google it.

"Wow, level up ang kaso. TS. Smuggling na, technical pa. Exciting! Teka, sino'ng Ms. Jackie? May bago tayong witness?"

"Si Nanang Eugenia! It's a long story. Screen name daw niya. What's that?" Maine pointed, staring at the object Ate Reg is carrying.

"Wow, and sosy ng 'what's that?'. Huwag mong sabihing ngayon ka lang nakakita nito. Antique siya pero 100% working condition yan."

"You mean that's a typewriter? Are you serious, we're going to use that?"