21 - 1300H

A/N: Apologies for the late update, hindi nalalaman ni otor ang ginagawa niya nang painumin n'ya ng tsaa si Atty. Maine.

A quick research into knock-out drugs or what they sometimes refer to as date-rape drugs, the different kinds for different effects is not something I bargained for and with only four hours to go into the story. Sis @safyre (I know this is not your wp handle, will correct it later) thank you for the consult, hope I do justice to the treatment.

Timecheck: 1 PM

Maine knew something was wrong the second she started getting dizzy.

It's the tea.

She has handled a few cases involving knock-out drugs used to perpetuate crimes. She should have been more careful the minute she saw him pour tea in her cup.

Her vision starting to get out of focus, Maine shook her head to clear her mind and leaned on her father for support.

Atty. Alberto Capili immediately stood up to put his arms around her daughter. "Maine, are you okay? Maine? "

In a hushed voice, she was still able to whisper "Dad,... the tea...." trying vigorously to fight the nausea.

Her words sinking in, he darted a sharp glance at the older guy still sitting comfortably opposite the table, watching the interesting scene unfold with a smirk on his face. Atty Albert began seeing him for the monster that he is. "ANO'NG GINAWA MO!"

"Your voice, panyero! Ayaw nating tumawag ng iskandalo dito. I mean, we could but why? At bakit sa 'kin ka agad nakaturo? I didn't make the tea, they did! And why would I do something to your daughter?"

"She was okay a minute ago. Hayop ka, wala 'to sa usapan! You're just going to offer her the portfolio and I the partnership in the firm!"

"And I did. But what did your precious daughter do? She threw the offer to my face! Okay, fine! You want the truth? Here's your truth!" He showed him a small vial not even the size of his pinky finger, with white powder in it. "I don't know what's it called, mahina ang memorya ko sa mga gamot. Pero huwag kang mag-alala, panyero. My instruction is to have just a very light dosage, just enough to make her dizzy and disoriented for a few hours."

"This is no longer funny, you've gone overboard! She's still my daughter for god sake!"

"Mas hindi nakakatawa ang pinagagawa ng anak mo at ng mamanugangin mo, panyero! Hindi sila komedyante at lalong hindi ako nakikipagbiruan sa kanila!"

Atty. Albert was confused for a moment until he remembers the pictures on the table. Not him again. "I don't have a son-in-law to be! And don't call me panyero!"

In a low but forceful voice, Eduardo gave his ultimatum. "Mark my word, sa tigas ng ulo ng anak mo, hindi mo mapipigilan 'yan. Me? I don't give a damn. I just want them out of my business. Most specially today. Not today, you hear me? Tell your daughter and her good for nothing knight-in-shining-armor to cross me, and I swear to God you'll regret the day she was born."

The senior director dropped a wade of bills on the table and casually walks out.

Unable to do anything with the limp body of his daughter in his arms, Atty Albert called the attention of one the waiters while assisting Maine to sit down.

When the surrounding keeps spinning, Maine closed her eyes and dropped her head on the table, but still keeping a tight hold on her phone.

They've already caught the attention of the other diners who are now openly looking at their table.