«Confidence»

«Quoting Nolan»

-Chapter Three» Comfidence-

Austen O'James wasn't sure how and she wasn't sure why, but she was certain, most definitely certain that things were destined to change. Because she hadn't been able to get the notion of Nolan out her head after she read his note yesterday and she hadn't even met him.

So much so, that he clouded her mind all throughout the pouring walk home -at which she grinned at the rain, all throughout dinner and the one sided argument with her mother.

You see, whilst Austen was eating her dinner, pushing her peas across her plate, she spotted a quote framed on the wall, that she hadn't recognised before. In all honesty, Austen never payed much attention to the dining room anyway, but this one particular decoration caught her eyesight and entire attention immediately. Fading out her mothers apologies and anger from Austen's silence, she read in her head, "How beautiful it is to stay silent, when your expected to be enraged."

And it was exactly what she decided to do. She didn't need to be enraged at her mother for her stupid actions, if anything silence got the point across better than any petty argument would.

She wasn't sure who the quote was by, yet she couldn't help but let it remind her of Nolan and his fondness for them. With a new found confidence boost and a bright smile, she headed towards the library, looking forward to hearing- or reading about Nolan again.

Clad in his grey jumper and her classic signature ripped jeans and teal blue converse, she entered the library.

"Morning Julia!" Austen sang cheerfully at the librarian who nearly spilt her tea in the process of turning to the melodic sound.

Austen's soft laughter rang out through the silence of the library, but no looks of annoyance shot her way by the other regulars, no, only small smiles of recognition. She nodded politely their way before turning towards Julia.

"Well morning sunshine, you're sure in a good mood!" Julia chuckled, placing her tea down on the mat.

"That I am." She replied with a small smile.

Julia's hazel eyes flickered across Austen's face with a amused twinkle, before her eyes glided towards the oversized grey jumper. With a raised eyebrow and a knowing look, she shot Austen a dramatic smile. "Hmm, that you are indeed." She hummed back slyly.

Austen shook her head and laughed softly, "Back room?"

"All yours."

"Guitar?"

"In the cupboard." both of them said in unison, resulting in quiet chuckles from both females.

Julia picked up her tea again and raised it to her lips, before taking a sip, she added, "I like this Austen, I hope she's around more often."

"Me too." Austen mumbled back, jade eyes twinkling and body tingling with a new feeling, one of electricity, as she headed towards the back room. The light wooden door insight, Austen knew that from now on, things were bound to be different.

Guitar in hand, fingers hovered over the strings, over sized sleeves rolled up to her elbows, bottom perched on the same old stool and a positive twitch to her rosy lips, Austen begun the playing to a pretty cheerful song.

Her heart was set on letting the emotion shine throughout the music. But today, instead of singing out her hurt, or her pain, she'll be singing out her nimbility.

Wanna know why?

It's just a bad day, NOT a bad life!

'Sunday sitting on your back porch,