«Everything You Want»

«Quoting Nolan»

-Chapter Nine» Everything You Want-

Nolan sat in the back room completely frozen, his eyes still staring at the door she had just walked through. A huge, undeniable smile curved at his lips. A small chuckle brought him out of his daze and his bright blue eyes snapped to Julia who was still stood, leaning rather, against the door frame.

"Bless Nolan, you've got it bad." She giggled like a little school girl.

Nolan shook his head, his smile diminishing into a smaller one, "I got nothing."

Julia shook her head in disbelief, "Denial!" She sang and Nolan waved off her comment.

With that, Nolan stood and walked towards the door. He slid past his aunt without another word and made his way out into the library. When he looked around, he noticed that Austen wasn't there. So he found his feet leading him out into the hallway where he found her grabbing a Twix from the vending machine.

He stopped beside the door and took her in. She was stunning. Nolan didn't understand why Austen wouldn't agree. She was. To him, she always had been. But it's not like Nolan would ever have the guts to tell her that. To tell her how badly he bruised his skin when he fell for her.

The redhead turns around suddenly, facing him. When her eyes lifted and she spotted him, she jumped and then laughed nervously. "Nolan, you idiot, don't do that!"

Nolan tried to shake away the thoughts of her and plastered on a smile. "Top hats, eh?" He laughed.

Her face contorted into a sight of amusement. She was literally glowing with mischief. "Yeah. Top hats."

"Just so you know, I would never wear a top hat to our wedding. They look ridiculous."

"Our wedding?"

"Huh?"

Austen smiled slyly, "You said 'our wedding'?"

"Hmm," Nolan thought out loud, "Guess I did."

Austen nodded slowly and spoke up again as she pulled the wrapper away from her chocolate bar and silently offered Nolan the second Twix, which he took with a smile. "Anyway, I wouldn't wear a tiara. I'm too simple for all that."

Nolan nodded as they both walked back out into the library. He didn't say it aloud of course, but he couldn't help but agree with her. It was her simplicity, he thought to himself.

They walked back into the back room and Nolan watched as Austen received her back pack. She stuffed her books into it quietly while munching on her chocolate bar and then swung it over her shoulder. Austen then poured the rest of her orange juice into the sink and held up her empty glass. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at it, her eyebrows furrowing, lips sliding into a thin line. "It's empty now. So it's not full, half or completely." She says, almost as if muttering to herself. She tears her eyes away from the glass and looks back over to Nolan. Sighing, she said exasperatedly, "I still don't get it."

Nolan smiled warmly at her whilst shaking his head. "Come on, I'll walk you home."

Austen didn't object to his offer and together, they both wished Julia a "good night" and left the library. It was close to dinner time and the sun was getting increasingly lower. It was quiet on the streets and peaceful as they walked.

When Nolan and Austen finally came to a stop at her driveway, Nolan sighed.

"Well, here we are."

Austen nodded slowly and then finally tore her eyes from the front door. It was as if she sympathised for whatever was inside as well as feared it. There were so many emotions evident on her face, Nolan found it tricky to see which one stood out more than the others. But Austen clears her complexion quick enough and masked her face with fake happiness, and even though she put on a small grin, Nolan could see right through it. And even though as she spoke strained, he could hear it was honest.

"I had fun today. It was a laugh." She said and Nolan nodded.

Just looking at Austen now, really looking at her, Nolan was itching, literally bursting to tell her everything, to grab her and hold her, hug her.

Kiss her.

So he did.

«««« Austen's POV »»»»

He kissed her.

Yes, he actually kissed her.

Austen was caught by surprise by the sudden kiss and it took her a moment to realise what was happening. But finally coming to terms with it, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back fully. She felt Nolan smile against her lips and she mentally rolled her eyes.

Her hands reached up and pulled off his navy beanie which kept tickling her forehead. No matter how often he wore it, or how much he adored it, Austen could never grow to like the hat. She attempted to drop it on the floor as if nothing had happened and curled her fingers in his hair.

Suddenly Nolan pulled back, and looked at her breathlessly and then at the hat that was led on the floor. He laughed loudly and shook his head, but before he could say anything, Austen slammed her hand over his mouth and shook her own head. "Shut it." She said quietly, not wanting him to make fun of her disliking towards his 'best friend'. Slowly he nodded, although she could feel he was still grinning beneath her palm.

Finally pulling her hand away, she looked at him wearily. He stared back at her, a facial expression that Austen couldn't decipher, she was about to speak up when she was silenced by his lips hitting hers.

Typical, she thought. Absolutely typical.

«««« Both POVs »»»»

Nolan walked home that night, smiling all the way. Austen was everything he wanted and he finally had it all. The need to throw his fist in the air and chant was absurdly large. He couldn't believe that she had kissed him back.

Austen closed her bedroom door behind her after entering her house. She didn't bother finding or speaking to her mother. She just went straight to her room, closed the door and leant against it. She raised her fingertips to her lips in disbelief and then erupted into bright bubbling laughter. He had kissed her. He had actually kissed her. Well that was a surprise and a half! Austen thought to herself.

Nolan sat on the sofa in his living room, his father in the armchair, his mother in the kitchen and his siblings doing their own things. He was still smiling, widely at that. He raised his hand and placed his palm over his mouth to hide it. It was ridiculous. He was acting like a school girl. But the thing is, this wasn't a game of kiss chase. This was Austen.

Pulling out his mobile, Nolan sent a text, sealing the deal in their own special way, reciting a speech that his father told him when he asked about the day he met his mother. Pulling on his lower lip, he hit send.

She is the kind of beauty that makes you scream on the inside, and she's the kind of secret you could never keep to yourself, and your not quite sure where any of this will end up, but it's the greatest feeling you've ever felt. She's got the world at her fingertips, she makes beauty look effortless and I want everything that she is.