Chapter 13

Soon after the Nikaah was done I was taken to the reception which was held in the mansion garden. It was a private property attached with the mansion.

The entire garden was decorated with crystal chandeliers hanging through trees which were lighted up even in broad day light. There was huge cake of 6 tiers covered in white frosting and red roses littering down the cake carelessly but it was a sight to behold.

Umaima made me sit in the chair of the center table while she sat on my left. Everyone was starting to sit when I observed my right seat was been taken. Because of his usual behaviour to steer clear out of my presence I didn't expected Talib out of all people.

He looked breathtaking. His eyes were charcoal black hooded with thick eyelashes. His lips were too red for someone who wasn't wearing any lip balm. He was wearing white coat with a rose tucked in his pocket sleeve. While sitting there and observing him I realised we were colour coordinated . I was wearing white corset dress with pearls and diamonds and a baby pink bodice and even his shirt was pink under the white coat and pants. My sandals were crystal glass without any embellishments. Like Cinderella's sandals. I was wearing a platinum ring with the family ring Umaima had given me. And a diamond necklace which went pretty well with my white dress of choice. I wondered who made us colour co ordinated dresses within two days.

From all the 10mins I was staring at him, he turned his face ever so slowly knowing well enough I was ogling him embrassing me. He came near my face quickening my heartbeats smiling ever so lightly like a smirk.

"I think you quite enjoyed eye raping me from past 10mins." I gasped with his audacity to speak such words in front of hundreds of people. "I d-did not eye rape you." I stuttered embarrassed.

He chuckled lightly while touching my cheeks roughly with his fingers. To others it would look a loving gesture but I could feel his fingers digging in my cheeks.

"I know I am quite appealing but you see Ms Ugly, you are someone no man would even want to give one glance at." I felt tears swelling up in my eyes. It was our wedding day atleast today I expected him to behave like I wasn't some thrash he hated so much.

His hand was removed from my face by another lady hand and when I moved my gaze to see the owner of the hand I saw Tania smiling sickly sweet to his face. " Talib you look amazing today." She said while touching his thigh intimately. I turned around to see everyone on our table was looking at Tania including Sameer who was clenching his fist on the table.

Before anyone else could react, Talib shoved her hand away from his thigh before glaring at her and speaking to Sameer sideways, " learn to control your wife. It is my wedding or else I would have not spared her another chance with life." She looked taken back before she turned around to fill her plate with food which was now distributed by waiters.

Umaima smiled at me while helping me with little rice on my plate. I felt someone crush my hand under the table. I turned around to see Talib crushing my hand nonchalantly while eating with his left hand. I controlled my voice which was itching to come out due to the pain while smiling painfully at Umaima and started eating slowly waiting for this day to end as soon as possible because Talib will go back to staying away from me and I could finally spend my time with Sarah and talibs mother Umaima. Atleast that's what I thought.

After all the remaining rituals were completed Umaima came forward to make me and Talib both stand and walk back to our room. We both turned around separately and started walking before Umaima's word halted us. " Talib don't you think you are forgetting our last tradition. Pick your bride and walk till your room." Everyone smiled, rehan and Sarah whistled. Some people started hooting 'Talib' multiple times.