The Four: Prologue

Prologue:

            Clouds billowed outside, just as they had for the past few weeks. They didn’t go away… But no one expected them to. They turned everything into a hazy grey color. People went outside less, in fear of what might be out there. In fear of how dark it was.

             “Any changes?” A voice from behind me asked.

            “No.”

            “Should we start gathering people? Form an army? Prepare for what’s to come?” He sounded nervous, as he should be. Bad things were coming.

            “Probably. But it won’t matter unless we have The Four,” I replied, continuing to stare out the window.

            “Then… We should probably find The Four… Explain thing… Prepare them…”

            “That may be smart.”

             “It will be difficult… To get them to be in the same place… At the same time,” I heard him anxiously shuffle is feet in place.

            I turned to face him, narrowing my eyes, “You’re smart. Figure it out.” He bit his lip and nodded at me.

            “Yes ma’am,” He backed up out of the room, closing the door softly behind him. I sighed and turned back to the window.

Maybe my aging eyes deceived me but the clouds looked to be a shade greyer.