The Four: Aden

A/N: Sorry this took so long everyone. I've been SO busy! hope you like it :)

Aden:

This place was kick-butt amazing. Hot girls. Super kids. How could you go wrong? I gaped at the arena we were in. Kids were flying. Disappearing and reappearing. Moving at the speed of light. Some were like the Spider kid, hanging upside down on the wall and others were moving metal blocks without touching them. There was one girl who I assumed had a power to control metal or something because she was bending and picking up metal just be looking at it. It was pretty cool. The only downer was Demitra. She seriously needed to chill out. So what if it was fake? It's still freaking awesome!

I turned and looked at her. Her green eyes were scanning everything in the room. She was impossibly beautiful. I know I've said that about every girl here so far, but Demitra was by far the prettiest. I watched her as she watched everything going on around her. Her lips were parted slightly and her hair was kind of messy. She turned around and shot me a weird look. Embarrassed, I turned away. Behind me was that girl Kendra and... Oh. Niall.

Niall didn't know me, nor had I ever talked to him. Even when he was popular we never really acknowledged each other. Niall was at the party way back a couple years ago. The party that had gone all wrong. There was a fire. I set that fire. On accident of course.

See, it went like this. I was goofing off with some buddies of mine back behind this barn. My friends were all drunk. I wasn't, I had a soccer game the next day and couldn't risk getting caught. Two years ago I suppose you could have considered me an extremely minor pyromaniac. Fire was just cool. I didn't go around lighting everything on fire, but occasionally I'd light a match and just kind watch it burn down or I'd mess around with a lighter. Nothing more than that.

Well on that one night I wanted to show off so I lit a few matches and light up the dry grass around us. In theory, it was probably a stupid idea, but I was a kid. Stupid was probably my middle name. Once the dry grass was done burning I lit another, this time my buddy wanted to try. Before I could hand him the burning match I dropped it. On accident. The corner of the barn that we were at lit up in flames.

Everyone booked it out of there. No one wanted to get caught by the cops. The next day though I figured out that one kid hadn't gotten out. That one kid was in a coma in the hospital. Niall. My friends and I never admitted to it when the cops came around the school, but I never picked up a match again.

When I saw Niall in school I tried to avoid him. I didn't pick on him like most kids did. I steered clear of him. I dropped out of my English class because he was in it. I moved my lunch period because he sat alone at the table next to mine. I felt guilty, like I was responsible. I was fine now of course. Sort of anyway.

Kendra cleared her throat, "This is all fine and dandy, but why exactly did you bring us here?" Winna shrugged her shoulders and looked at us like she had a secret. I leaned forward in anticipation.

"Yeah. You said you brought us here. Why is that?" I asked. Winna bit her lip and looked around the room. She looked worried. What could she be hiding? I looked around the room at all of the super kids and an idea struck me. My eyes widened and I whirled around to face Winna.

"Do we have powers too?" I broke into a huge grinning. Kendra and Demitra scowled simultaneously. My eyes were probably shining. This would be so cool! Could I fly? Or teleport? I looked expectantly at Winna. She was practically chewing on her bottom lip.

"Maybe we should go to a more... Private setting," She began waving us out of the room. I was confused, but I followed her out into the hallway. The other three followed closely behind. When Niall was standing next to me I walked a little more hastily, moving up next to Winna.