The Four: Demitra

A/N Hey everyone! I hope your enjoying it so far! It's about to get juicy... Well I think it is anyway... But who knows? Anywhoooo please please comment and tell me your thoughts! I would like to improve my writing and the only way to improve is to get feedback! Thanks so much!

- MadnessOrBrilliance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Demitra:

I stood, staring at this huge room with a long table; salty tears were caking my face. I didn’t know where I was, what I was doing here, or what had happened to Xander. I had woken up in an unfamiliar room with no recollection of anything and a pounding headache. A few moments after I woke up my memory had come back to me. I remembered Xander and what had happened to him. Despite my shaky legs I flew out of bed and tried opening the door. It was locked. Tears blurred my vision as I ran frantically through the room trying to find something, anything to open the door. I needed to find Xander.

After a long while of throwing things at the door I heard the lock click. No one opened the door. I stepped forward tentatively and twisted the door knob. To my reluctance the door opened, exposing a long hallway. The hallway seemed to be light up by floating balls of light. I didn’t take time to consider how strange that was before running down the hallway. Whoever had unlocked the door was nowhere to be seen. My vision cleared up, and I stopped crying as I ran down the incredibly long hallway. Have to find Xander. Have to find Xander. I repeated again and again in my head.

Wherever I was, it was incredibly large and confusing. I made a few right turns, and then a left turn, which led my into a large room. The room reminded me a lot of bow seats at a basketball game. There were chairs and tables, and the room was decorated very glamorously. Below, through a glass window, was a large arena where people of all ages were shooting bow and arrows, swinging swords and axes, and doing hand-on-hand combat. I didn’t notice it at the time but there were people seemed to be conjuring tornados and rain and some were disappearing and reappearing. It was bizarre but I was too focused on Xander to care.

Since the room was empty I backed out of it and continued to run through the halls. Every once in a while there would be a door and I would try to open it. They were always locked. My legs grew stronger as I ran and I sprinted a bit faster.

“Xander?” I yelled out, my voice was weak. I few more tears dripped down my cheek as I ran, but I tried to brush them away. Was he okay? I hoped he was, but what if he wasn’t… What had happened? There was a flash out light and then what? I couldn’t remember. I stopped at another door wiggled the door handle and kept running once I knew it was locked again. I was panicked. Another door, locked. I turned left in this crazy maze then right and then left again. Until, in front of me, I found a grand room, a dining room probably. A girl and a boy were yelling at each other and then it got cold. Goosebumps sprouted on my arms and legs. Lightning flared above the boys head. I stood, gaping at the scene.

Before anything else occurred a feminine voice quieted them down, they sat, as did another boy about fifty feet diagonal of me. They bickered and I realized that the boy who had just sat down was in the parking lot before the flash of white light. I stepped forward and everyone’s eyes fell on me. They hadn’t noticed me before, but they noticed me now.

“What the heck?” the boy from the parking lot said, rather loudly. I blinked and a tear rolled down my cheek. I swiped at my face, staring at the crowd of people sitting at the long, elegant dining table.

“Wh-Where’s Xander? What… What happened to him?” I stammered, pushing the words out of my mouth. Everyone watched me a little while longer until the feminine voice sounded up again.

“Hello Demitra!” She sounded happy and tranquil. My bottom lip quivered slightly as she looked at me with a smile on her face.

“Where is my brother?” I said with a little more force. Warmth seemed to radiate off of her and I felt the urge to go over and do whatever she asked me to do. I clenched my fists and held my fists, “Where is he?” I asked again. Tears bit at the back of my throat and I held back a whimper.