°Danger To Face°

::Serenity::

As soon as I got out of Jacob's truck, all kinds of thoughts swarmed through my mind. He kissed me. On my cheek. I wasn't even expecting that and I don't know why he did it, he knows about Lance and I. As I walked to the front door of my house, I listened as Jacob's truck pulled away slowly. Feeling unsafe, I quickly stepped inside of the house. I shut the door as quick as possible, putting my back against it. I took deep breaths, reprocessing my mind. I looked up, to see that all of the lights were already on. This indicated that Lance was already home. Lance told me that I better be home, before him but I wasn't. This was simply danger to face. I set my sandals aside and put my purse down. I began walking towards the kitchen. There he was. Lance, sitting there waiting for me. I looked him straight in his eyes and he did the same. I saw a look of frustration in those icy blue orbs, but his expression showed a smirk.

"Hey love." I said, softly.

"Where have you been?" Lance asked.

"I didn't mean to come home late, I'm sorry." I said.

"I didn't ask for your apology Serenity, I asked, where have you been?" Lance asked with a slight smirk that was slowly turning into a face of irritability.

"I was out with a friend." I said.

"Jacob? Am I correct?" Lance asked.

"Yeah." I responded.

"How nice, what did you two do?" Lance asked. He stood from his seat at the island and stayed standing.

"We went to the mall mainly and then he had a small appointment." I explained.

"Mhm...so what did I tell you before I left for work?" Lance asked, now walking towards me.

"To be here when you got back and I apologize we just-" I was no longer speaking. I felt my back against the wall and his hand cupped my neck. I was looking up into those cold blue orbs now. His grip on my neck wasn't that tight, but I thought if I cooperated I could get out of it quicker.

"He do anything?" Lance asked. I nodded my head and felt his grip become loose. "What?" Lance asked.

"He kissed my cheek." I responded. He let go of my neck, but still stood before me. I was scared beyond my belief. "It was innocent and friendly Lance." I said.

"You're so naive, Serenity. 'It was innocent and friendly Lance.' That's bullshit." Lance explained.

"But love, I think it was just out of friendliness." I spoke, honestly. He stepped closer towards me and slammed his fists above my shoulders, hitting the wall. I jumped, frightened as to what he might do next.

"Like I said, you're so naive. I've only known the guy for a moment but I can see right through him. He's full of shit and only wants you for your body. You should stay away from him before you end up hurt." Lance explained.

"Hurt by him? Lance, he would never." I said.

"Believe what you want to sweetheart, but somehow by someone you'll end up hurt. That's a deadly promise." Lance sternly said in my ear.

"And if you're wrong?" I asked.

"Always have to question me huh? If I'm wrong... who do you think I am? You know that I'm never wrong." Lance said. I shrugged my shoulders, looking away from him.

He was so rude and inconsiderate. But love makes you that way doesn't it? After being a bit scared of Jacob earlier on tonight, I've reprocessed my thoughts. Jacob isn't a bad person at all. He's sweet and cares about me. On the other hand, my own boyfriend isn't even like that. As to which reason I can't even figure out why. I sighed and put my hands against Lance's chest as we stood there. I gently pushed passed him and began walking to our room. I needed to sleep and take my mind off of everything. Lance, of course, followed behind me. He hadn't said a word to me though. I was feeling ignored after he finished his little spiel on what he had to say. After changing, I got comfortable and laid down in bed.