(9) A perfect love

A perfect love

(Sequel to In love with my geeky step brother!?)

Chapter 9

We spent the next three weeks relaxing on the beach, eating at interesting restaurants and making love. We spent every second together and fell even more in love if that was even possible. We spoke about having kids and what we would name then. Everything was perfect.

After three weeks of heaven it was time to go back home. We arrived back at our apartment early Monday morning and spent most of the day sleeping. The following day we spent at home as well but on Wednesday Daniel had to go back to university so I had the whole day to myself. I wanted to start studying too but I wasn't sure what and now that we were trying to have a baby I think I should wait a while before enrolling in a university.

I phoned Lucy feeling bored and wanting to talk. She had a part time job as a waitress at one of the local restaurants and was busy studying to become a teacher. We chatted about my honeymoon for a while and then she came up with a great idea. I have always been interested in fashion designing and she knew about an online course in fashion designing that one of her friends were busy doing.

When we were done talking I checked out the course and found it to be exactly what I was looking for. It was all done online except for the final presentation which only took a day. I quickly filled in the registration form and felt happy that I was actually going to be doing something productive.

The following week I started my online course and my period. I was excited about having something new and interesting to do but sad that I wasn't pregnant.

The next month came and I got my period again. Daniel told me to be patient and that I would fall pregnant when the time is right but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Another two months passes and I still wasn't pregnant. I was starting to get worried and told Daniel that I was going to the hospital to get checked out the following day.

I made an appointment and left for the hospital early the next day. I waited in the waiting room for a few minutes before an elderly lady called my name and led me into Dr. Cage's office. She was a middle aged woman with a friendly manor. I felt comfortable with her and told her all about my worries. She looked sympathetic but told me the same thing as Daniel, that I shouldn't worry so much and that I should be patient. She didn't think that there was anything wrong with me but ran some tests anyway. She said that it should take about two days before she got the results back and that she would phone me as soon as she did.

The next two days dragged by slowly and no matter how much Daniel tried to calm my nerves it didn't work. I had this horrible feeling that something was terribly wrong and I just couldn't shake it off no matter how hard I tried.

Early Saturday morning I got a call from Dr. Cage's receptionist asking me to come in to the hospital. A shiver ran down my spine as I realized that I was right, there was something terrible wrong. Dr. Cage said she would phone me with the result, the only reason why she would want me to come in to the hospital is if there was something wrong with me.

"Who was that?" Daniel asked coming out of the bathroom still looking half asleep.

"The hospital, Dr. Cage wants me to go see her" I replied staring at the phone in my hands.

"Wasn't she just supposed to phone you?" He asked sitting down on the bed with a worried expression on his face.

"Yes, but the secretary phoned me and told me to come in" I answered still not looking up at Daniel.

"Maybe she just wants to give you the results in person, it doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong" Daniel stated trying to calm me.

"I know, I have to get ready she asked me to come in as soon as possible" I replied getting up from the bed and walking over to the cupboard to find something to wear.

Millions of thoughts ran through my head as I searched through the cupboard but one stood out. What if I couldn't have kids?

I could feel my body tensing up and was trying to stay calm when I felt Daniel's arms wrap around me and pulling me tightly against him.

"It will be ok" He whispered softly as he turned me around in his arms and pressed his lips lovingly against mine.