𝐗𝐗. THE FORBIDDEN FOREST

CHAPTER TWENTYTHE FORBIDDEN FOREST

CHAPTER TWENTY
THE FORBIDDEN FOREST

§ § §

     I didn't say anything as I listened to the trio's conversation as we walked back into the school. I was too busy thinking about Draco and what he saw. 

     "Hagrid's always wanted a dragon. He told me." Harry said quietly.

     "He's crazy," Ron shook his head. "And even worse, Malfoy knows now."

     "I don't understand. Is that bad?" Hermione asked, and I tuned back in, rolling my eyes.

     "Malfoy may tolerate me, but he'll jump at any chance to get you three in trouble. And now, thanks to that thing in the Daily Prophet, I'm included in that." I sighed. I heard footsteps coming near us and we stopped walking.

     Professor McGonagall rounds the corner and sees us, a disappointed  look on her face. "Good evening," She said cooly, and Draco stepped out from behind her, a smug smirk on his face. 

     We trudged behind the Professor as we walked to her office. The trio had started to walk in front of Draco and I. I really didn't want to be stuck next to him, not now, when we were both mad at each other. We entered the office and Draco stood behind Professor McGonagall as Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I all stood in a line in front of them.

     McGonagall begins to lecture us with a stern look on her face. "Nothing, I repeat, nothing, gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as a result of your action, 50 points will be taken from you."

     "50?" Harry exclaimed.

     "From each of you. And to make sure this doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." She says, and I groan. Draco nods, then his smirk falls.

     "Excuse me, Professor, but I thought you said five of us." Draco says.

     "You heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours." Professor McGonagall says, and we smirk as Draco opens his mouth to protest. 

     We had to serve detention with Hagrid. Not bad. The five of us were being led out by Filch. I noticed Draco glaring at me so I slowed down a bit and pulled Hermione with me so it was Harry, Ron, and Draco in front of Hermione and I as we walked. 

     "A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. Merlin, I miss the screaming." Filch muttered, and I actually stumbled, bumping into Draco, who was walking in front of me. He caught me and then matched my eyes. For a fleeting second I saw the humor in his eyes. I saw that he wanted to joke around about Filch with me, but then the next second it was gone. Ron pulled Draco away from me and faced him front, rolling his eyes.