Classified

NARRATOR POV

"What do you mean, leaving!?" Lexi yelled in outrage.

Jen and Gibbs both sighed before sitting Lexi down on the couch, with them on either side of her.

"Its only temporary, Lexibear," Jen assured her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Wha-both of you?" Lexi stuttered nervously.

"No, honey. Just me, Tony and McGee," Gibbs replied.

Lexi looked at Jen in disbelief. "But where is Dad going? And how long will he be gone?"

"It's a classified mission, sweetheart. I can't disclose that information to anybody, not even you, I'm afraid," Jen sighed.

"As for how long, we're not sure. It can go on for days, weeks, maybe even months-" Gibbs began before Lexi stood up, cutting him off.

"Months!?" Lexi shrieked in protest.

Jen reached up and gently pulled her back down to sit. "Lexi, it can vary. We can't pinpoint exactly how long they'll be gone. But they will be just fine."

Lexi hugged herself slightly with unease. She didn't like the fact that her dad and older brothers were leaving to an unknown place for an unknown amount of time. Lexi needed her family there with her, so she knew they were safe. While she knew the overall dangers of their job, including the risks they took daily, she wasn't okay with any unexpected changes.

"Don't worry about us, pumpkin. We will be okay, and as soon as we're cleared to leave you'll be the first one I call," Gibbs assured his daughter, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Okay," Lexi responded with a more relaxed sigh.

"Now, the next thing," Gibbs began, a stern tone creeping to his voice.

"While I am gone, your mother will be left in charge of you, of course. All issues will be under her authority to deal with. But I'm sure there won't be any trouble, right?"

Lexi looked up at her mom who raised an eyebrow at her. "No, Dad," Lexi replied sheepishly.

Lexi knew that her mom left discipline mainly to her father unless the issue at hand solely involved her. She had only punished Lexi a few times in the past, for major things when Gibbs wasn't around. But that was rare.

The day they left for the mission, McGee gave Lexi the biggest hug he could muster. She gazed up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Don't leave, Timmy," Lexi begged, sounding much like a 5 year old, but she didn't care.

McGee sighed, rubbing her back gently. "I've had to deal with the puppy eyes from Annie, Tori and Abby, now you too?" he chuckled slightly.

"You really can't tell me where you're going? I won't tell anyone," Lexi whined.

McGee shook his head grimly. "Sorry, Lex. No can do. But I promise we'll go hang out when I come back. Deal?"

"Deal," Lexi grumbled, her shoulders drooping.

McGee chuckled again, kissing the top of her head. "Don't sound so glum, sis. We'll be back before ya know it."

"Get over here, Squirt, and give your favorite brother a hug. Stop hogging her, McSelfish," Lexi heard from behind her.

Lexi turned around to see Tony at the front door. She grinned and ran into his open arms.

"Oh, Tony, please don't go!" Lexi groaned.

"Sorry, kid, I have to. But we'll be back soon, don't sweat it," Tony answered sympathetically.

"I guess now I can spend quality time with my mom," Lexi replied with a heavy sigh.