Astral

When I opened my eyes again, I wasn't on the street.

I sat up in the bed and groaned in pain.

"Doctor says you shouldn't move too much." To my right, Astral was sitting in a chair reading out of a notebook.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"A local hospital."

"What?! I can't afford-"

"Relax." She tossed the notebook at me.

"I took care of that stuff already." I stared at the notebook in my lap.

"Hey this is-"

"I couldn't understand much of it anyway. Sorry, I'm nosy." She stood up to look out of the window. I picked up dads notebook and flipped through the pages. Everything was still there.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that." She turned around and inspected me like an ant.

"Never seen you around here before."

"I'm not from around here." I replied.

"Then where'd you come from? Hm?" She placed her finger on my forehead. I swatted it away and she grinned. I already didn't like her, even if she saved my life.

"Central Omega." I muttered.

"Central? That's quite a ways from here." She said.

"So what?"

"So what's a little boy doing all the way up here by himself?" She sat back down in her chair and crossed her legs. She was wearing ripped black jeans that were stylish instead of the norm. She wore a red plaid shirt, along a necklace with a crescent as the pendant.

"I came here to see my friend. Now excuse me, I have to leave." I ignored the pain as I swung my legs off the hospital bed. I placed down one foot and cringed.

Astral sighed. "Honestly, you're stubborn."

"I don't care!" I said through my teeth.

"What's your friends name? I might know him. I know pretty much everyone." She added. I thought about responding for a moment. If I told her would I be considered an accomplice?

"C'mon Finn! Is this how you treat the girl who saved your sorry ass? Honestly, I'm interested." She laughed.

"I don't need your help." I retorted.

"Fine." She got out of her chair and went to the door.

"Have fun getting to wherever you're going." she teased. She stepped out and shut the door behind her. Shit! In hindsight she has been really useful, and she seems rich since she paid for my hospital expenses, and she knew a lot of different things.

"Wait!" I shouted.