Cell Block C

I took the paper and signed it. The first time I've ever signed anything actually. The guards took the papers and knocked on the metal doors. A blaring alarm sounded on the other side, along with yelling and other noises.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Lockdown. Any inmate outside of their cell right now is being forced inside." One guard said.

"Inmates in Cell Block C are usually murderers, drug traffickers, rapists, or some form of treason. They're the scum of the Mole people." Astral said, obvious disgust in her voice.

"I wonder why your friend is here..." she trailed off. I swallowed the reoccurring lump in my throat again.

Suddenly three knocks occurred from the other side of the door.

"Clear!" Said a voice from the other side. The door was pushed open and Astral pushed us right through.

The format was similar to the other blocks, except there was way more graffiti and blood stains on the concrete. The faces of inmates could be seen through the cell bars, and they all looked angry.

"It's not even visiting hours! You're taking away our free time!" An inmate shouted. There were roars of agreement from the entire block.

"It's Stone's daughter!"

"I'd do anything to get my hands on her!"

"Isn't she 18 now?"

"Who cares!"

"Is that shrimp her boyfriend?"

"I'd break him like a twig!"

"What a fucking loser!"

"The little bitch has to get pushed in a wheelchair! Stand like a man you pussy!"

The insults came flying from every direction. Guards did their best to keep them under control but it was no use. I could tell Astral was having a hard time. These guys were ruthless toward everyone. Her social status didn't matter here.

Eventually we reached the other side of the cell block to a lone standing door.

"Cell 666." A guard said. He pulled out a ring of keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. It revealed a longer hallway that stretched for what seemed to be forever. Astral made no hesitation as she pushed me down the hall. She didn't want to be in that place anymore, and neither did I.

The hallway being long was not an exaggeration, we were walking for nearly four minutes straight in silence. Finally we had reached the door to the actual cell. Finally, I could apologize.