Chapter- 3

"Oh! So I'm cute huh?"

I turn towards the direction of the familiar voice seeing Luke already seated on the bench next to me. Ugh why would he come here? Is he following me or something? I was having such an amazing time, stuffing my mouth with skittles and reading a cliche love story on Wattpad. What? I accept I'm a sucker for romance and cliches. I know they aren't going to come true in my life but there's nothing wrong in daydreaming is there?

Anyway coming back to the situation in hand I didn't know what to reply. So I went back to reading.

One week. One week since college started and one week since our last conversation and now he asks why I called him cute the last time?

Umm, it might actually have been my fault. Well I did actually try to avoid any form of interaction with him the whole week. Turning around everytime I saw him, putting my head down everytime he tried to smile at me and always tried to lose myself in the crowd if I ever saw him approaching me. I had avoided the gym and anywhere near it at all costs. Shoot me but I didn't want anything to do with people, especially the popular ones. I hadn't even talked to anyone from my class. It does get boring and lonely but then it's much better this way. Hoping to keep this anti-social streak I wanted nothing to do with the guy next to me no matter how cute he was.

Ignoring seemed like the best option for now to get him off my case. But that was until my packet of skittles was taken away suddenly from my hand.

"Heyyy!!!" I protested.

"You know it's rude to ignore people, Cookie." He stated as a matter of fact.

"What's rude is taking someone's skittles away from her. Give it back!!!!" I tried to reach for it as he held it above his head but my 5'3" wasn't helping when he was a  6'something. After failing to grab the packet for the thousandth time, I turned around with a hmph.

"Okay you win. What do you want?"

"I want to know why you have been avoiding me for the last one week. Also I want to know if you really think I'm cute" He replied with a triumphant smirk.

Turning away from him, so that he can't see the blush creeping through my skin, I answer him. " I have not been avoiding you. I don't think you and I should talk any more than required. And for the second question, I'm sure you have a mirror at home. Now can I have my skittles back?"

"But if we don't talk more than required how will we become friends?" His voice thoughtful.

"Yeah! That's the whole point. We don't have to become friends." I turn my head towards him dramatically to make my point only to come face to face with a very close Luke. Too close for my brain to function properly.

"But Cookie I think we would be great friends." He whispers, still too close.

"I-Uh-Uhmm d-don't have f-friends"

"That's even better. Coz I don't like to share" he finishes, whispering the last part in my ear.

I don't know what to say. My tongue is dry. The only thing I can think of is how amazingly blue his eyes are,a shade of green punched in them , how I would love to get lost in them, how amazingly pink his lips are, how amazingly perfect his face is, how-

"Hey Luke, we're leaving. You coming?" shouts a distant guy, breaking me from the trance Luke had been holding me in.

So I gather my wits and speak, "Listen Luke I appreciate you trying to be friends, but I don't think it'll work. We-"

"Shhh! " He cuts me off in between with his finger on my lips and I shut up like an obedient child.

"Don't overthink it Milana. We can be friends. We'll be great friends. You'll see. Gotta go now. We'll hangout sometime later."

With this he walks off to his friends, leaving me stunned at WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

Author's note:
Hey guys,
I hope all of you are doing great.
So here's the third chapter.
Do tell me how you like it or don't. Any errors I can correct or any improvement.
Feedback is always welcome.
Thanks a lot.
Also presenting Brandon Flynn as Luke.
P.S.- Do follow me to stay up to date with the book

Love you all. ❤❤
-Amisha