Chapter-5

The next morning was definitely better. I had made up my mind about Luke. Giving him a chance didn't seem like a bad choice anymore. Moreover, having a friend in college would definitely help me not to die of boredom during the day. I wasn't looking for some serious bonding anyway so Luke would be a good way to pass my time.

I hope that is.

I was so busy thinking about how the day would go that I didn't noticed that I was smiling ear to ear like a creep, well not until Ally pointed it out with rather an amused look on her face.

The day was more or less usual, though I couldn't help but look forward to it's end. After classes I went and sat in my usual spot at the bench, going over my homework for today, but with something else going on in my mind.

I waited and waited for Luke to come and talk to me like he did yesterday. I really wanted to talk to him, but he never came. I didn't know where to look for him so I just kept waiting for two stupid hours after which I gave up. Stupid Luke, stupid Ally, stupid me, stupid everyone. Ugh.

I should have known this would happen. Why would a hot guy suddenly want to be my friend? Am I really this stupid that I actually considered it? One week into college and I'm already making changes in my plans. Pathetic Milana. Enough. Just stick to your college rules and it should be enough.

You are done with this guy.

Yes. Totally done. But I'll just wait for 30 more minutes and then go back home. Meanwhile let me just scroll through Instagram.

Bad decision.

A very bad decision.

The first picture on my feed was of Natalie and Harry, aka my ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend, cuddling on the bed. It was Danny's house. I would know. A sad smile stretched across my face. It hurt to see how happy they looked. After what they did to me I didn't think I would have to see their face ever again.

I know Harry and I had broken up and Natalie and I were no longer friends, but it still felt like they had cheated on me. On my feelings.

I vividly remember the day I found out. It was Danny's birthday, so I had gone to his place with a cake. Even after a week of breakup, I was still in love with him. But I don't think he needed much time to get over me coz he was busy being over a certain someone, who happened to be my ex-bestfriend. That bestfriend who had forgotten that she ever had me as a friend as soon as I told that I didn't want to be popular anymore. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Seeing them make out on his couch broke my heart.

"Happy Birthday", I had whispered before running out of the house not being able to bear to see their apologetic faces.

Realising I was crying, I wiped my face.

By this time, the reason I came here for was long forgotten.

So I decided to go home, where a very expecting Ally was sitting on the couch.

"Lana! Tell me tell me how it went."

I sigh,"There's nothing to say Ally. I didn't see him. And it's for the better. Now I have the real decision. I don't want friends."

"Lana? Are you okay? What happened? Is it just because Luke didn't come meet today?", Ally asked me, clearly concerned.

"No. I just realised why I decided that's I didn't want friends in the first place. I'm tired. I'll just go back to my room."

With this I went back to my room. But sitting alone didn't help. I couldn't get the memories of Nat and Harry out of my head. On top of that I couldn't stop the tears. I kept crying until I decided that it was enough. You would think that the one month after the breakup would have made me strong. But it didn't. I needed a drink. Desperately.

So, in the spur of the moment I decided to go to the club. Alone. I just wanted some alone time. Time to get drunk and drown in my own sadness without taking anyone else with me. Within 30min I got into a dress, applied some makeup and left my room.

I called out for Ally telling her that I'm going to the club and will be a bit late tonight.

"Are you sure you'll go alone Lana?I can come with you."

"Yes Ally I'm sure. I don't need a babysitter everywhere I go. "

"But Lana..."

"Don't worry Ally. I'll be fine. I'm leaving."

"Okay", she sighed,"Do call me if you need a ride okay? Or if you have any problem at all. Just call."

"Sure." I offered her a small smile and left, hoping for my sake that I don't have to call her.

Author's note:
Hey guys,
Hope you are enjoying the story.
Any suggestions are welcome.
You can always reach out to me.
I want to really thank you for giving my story a chance.
Happy reading.
Love,
Amisha ❤❤