chapter 11 - Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.  

Day One

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Hallway

Cordelia had her arms around her current boyfriend Mitch, as they and Harmony were walking down the hall. "I just love springtime. Me and bright spring fashions."

"Spring training," Mitch told them.

Cordelia smiled. "Me at the end of school dance."

Harmony smirked. "The end of school."

"Definitely," Cordelia agreed. "My favorite time of year. I am, of course, having my dress specially made. Off the rack gives me hives."

"Let me guess, blue, like your eyes," Mitch teased, laughing.

Cordelia laughed. "My eyes are hazel, Helen Keller."

"You two will look so fine together in the May Queen photo," Harmony complimented.

"Well, I haven't been elected May Queen yet," Cordelia told them. They reached the library doors as Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Zoey and Carmen came out of the room for training, bumping into them accidentally. Buffy and Brady accidentally dropped a couple of weapons. "Uh, behold, the weirdness that our ex friend Zoey and my sister Carmen hang out with."

Buffy looked up at them as they picked up the weapons quickly to hide it. "You're probably wondering what we're doing with this stuff, huh?"

"Wow, I'm not," Cordelia answered.

"Uh, for history class," Alice told them. "My father has this, like, hobby of collecting stuff which he lent us for show and tell."

"Yeah, you did mention it's for history class," Brady told her.

"Carmen, as my sister, do me a favor and stay clear of creepy friends like things and creepy places like that library so you don't murder me socially," Cordelia told her.

"Get over yourself, Cordelia," Carmen told her.

Cordelia smirked, walking away with Harmony and Mitch, looking at Mitch. "Hey, did I ever tell you about the time that Buffy, Brooke and Alice attacked me at the Bronze? I don't know why this school admits mentals like them."

Carmen rolled her eyes.

"That is Cordy for you," Zoey told them.

Brooke sighed. "Let's just get to class."

  ∞ 

English Class

They were discussing 'The Merchant of Venice'.

Ms. Miller was giving the lecture. "'If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?'" She looked at the class. "Okay. So talk to me, people. How does what Shylock says here about being a Jew relate to our discussion about the anger of the outcast in society?"

"Well, how about color me totally self-involved?" Cordelia asked.

"Care to elaborate?" Ms. Miller asked.

"Yeah," Cordelia answered. "With Shylock it's whine, whine, whine, like the whole world is about him. He acts like it's justice, him getting a pound of Antonio's flesh. It's not justice, it's yicky."