Nyx- Chapter 1- Beginnings

• Dedicated to My Best Friend Ellie

Natalyia's POV.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

Ugh, mornings. I reached over and slapped my hand repeatedly on my phone until I realised someone was calling me. Sighing, I sat up holding my phone to my ear,

"Hello?"

"Nat, where are you? School started five minutes ago."

It was my best friend Caitlyn. It took me a while for my bed brain to focus on what Caitlyn said before I came to my senses.

" Oh my god! I can't be late, it'll ruin my perfect record!"

"It's a bit late for that, Nat," my friend replied sarcastically.

"I'll be there soon,"

I screeched down the phone before hanging up. Throwing the covers off me, I leaped out of the bed and headed to the shower. I was one step ahead and was already planning my outfit while I was in the bathroom: black skinny jeans, a light blue top, sneakers and a leather jacket. Something I wore every day.

After I managed to choke down a bit of toast, I jumped into my beat-up Toyota and sped off down the road to my school: South End High.

My school was the type of place where no one took education seriously and it was crawling with clichés. The worst being the mean girls. They were the walking definition of evil, somehow the finding the weakness in everything and exposing it for everyone to see.

And Amy Pearce, the worst one of all. I had been bullied continuously by her since year 7. She found it hilarious that my parents had abandoned me at the age of 10 and left me with a caring foster family whom I considered my real parents.

By the the time all these thoughts had crossed my mind I was at school and parked. I tipped my head back and sighed, steeling myself for a lecture from all my teachers. All right. I stepped out of the car and headed to reception.

****************************************************

After getting my late slip and an afterschool detention I headed to my fourth period lesson which happened to be maths. Great. As I walked into class and sat down at my desk, I could feel someone's gaze burning into my back. I smiled to myself and turned to flash Caitlyn a smile, which she returned.

It wasn't long before Amy and her cronies walked into class, a small crowd of doting followers not far behind. I sighed, in South End High this was an everyday occurrence. Just after them came our teacher, a flustered balding man that went by the name of Mr. Jones. He was, although tough on the outside, a real sweetie and the only good thing about this class. He wrote down the work on the whiteboard and told us to get on with it.

While working on the maths problems I could hear Amy saying things like: freak and reject. The snickers of my classmates filled my ears and went round and around like a washing machine. This happened everyday. Today was no exception. I knew I just couldn't let them get to me and continued on with my work until the bell sounded, freeing my from my own personal hell.

My others classes weren't too bad and soon it was lunch time. Lunch at my school was just like any other. A constant fight for the middle table, a place where only the best of the best sat. Caitlyn and I prefered to sit more towards the bins, on the very outskirts of the cafeteria. Luckily, I realised on my first day that the school dinners weren't a wise choice unless you wanted salmonella.

On this epiphany I then decided to bring a lunch to school everyday. From the corner of my eye I could see Caitlyn sat at our table; her shoulders slumped and head down. I walked over as quickly as I could before anyone took it upon themself to slyly stick out their foot and trip me up. I joined Caitlyn at our table and we proceeded to eat our lunch in silence.

The bell rang breaking me out of my daze in my last class. I stood up and packed away my things before leaving the classroom and walking to my car. I had agreed with the woman at front office that my detention would be for tomorrow so I was safe- for now. I opened my car door and stepped inside the car. But not before seeing out of the corner of my eye, someone new. Someone I hadn't seen before. And, dare I say it, he was rather attractive.

That was something I hadn't said in ages. I felt my cheeks heat up a fraction. After a moment I shook off the thoughts and started to car to gome home. But the boy I had seen intrigued me and I was eager to know who he was.

Phew!! It's done! I've finished my first chapter on wattpad! *does happy dance*. Tell me if you see any mistakes and

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara xx