L for Lesbian

A lesbian is a woman experiencing aesthetic (about looks), sexual and romantic (wanting to hold hand, date, maybe kiss) attraction to another woman.

A trans woman experiencing attraction towards women (wether they're cis or trans) is a lesbian.

A cis woman experiencing attraction towards women (wether they're cis or trans) is a lesbian.

However, some people might disagree with this definition and consider "lesbian" a term that must only be used for cis women attracted by cis women (and, if they are a bit more inclusive, trans women attracted to cis women).

For these people, feeling attraction towards a transgender person is described as being pansexual as the definition of this term is still widely debated, even amongst the community (see chapter "P for Pansexual").

I personally disagree with this opinion as I see trans women as women. However, I agree with the idea that being pansexual includes attraction to trans people. I just think that "lesbian" isn't reserved to cis women. That is only my view on this debate.

Moreover, know that lesbian are often sexualized by cishets (men mostly) and seen as porn objects. This is a view that must be ended. Lesbians (and women in general) are not objects made for men's pleasure. Women are are victims of what is known as "male gaze", this is not normal or okay. Please spread awareness and voice your support.

If you have questions about this sexuality that is also mine, feel free to ask.