5. Hug me

Hey beautiful 😍

I smile at the new message I received from Matthias this early morning.

My door opens, making me look at the intruder.

"Whoa, you're smiling." June said.

"What do you want?" I ask him impatiently.

"Jordan's here to see you." He informed me.

My smile falters as I sit up. "Well, tell him to get lost."

Ever since the cafeteria episode, we never really talked to eachother. Instead I've been hanging with Theo, he's totally not what I've expected.

He's quite entertaining...

"I would, but he's right here." June steps away and I immediately get to my feet when Jordan walks into my room nervously.

June walks out, leaving us alone as I glare at my boyfriend.

"What?"

"I came to see you." Jordan says, stepping forward.

I step back. "Well, now you've seen me. Now don't ever come back because I am breaking up with you."

If looks can kill, I'd be dead because he's staring me down.

" No, you are not. Just please, give me another chance, Brooke. Please. What happened in the cafeteria was school stuff." He tried to explain. "Please."

Groaning, I nodded. "Fine."

Why didn't I say no?

       ***

"Bye! Have a good weekend." My homeroom teacher, Lisa Knocks, waved at us Seniors.

Grabbing my bag, I rush out the door. Happy, school's over today.

Jordan had promised to pick me up after school today and we'd go somewhere for a date.

I stood at the bottom of the stairs, waiting patiently. I had told my parents not to pick me up. So they're not. My brothers are doing jungle stuff while June is probably walking home.

My patience started running out when I checked to see it was 3:49.
Few more minutes...

"Brooke, you're still here?" Renaldo, my classmate, asked, playing with his keys.

"Mmmm." I nod.

"Want me to stay till you leave?" He asked.

"No, it's fine. My rides almost here."  I say.

He nods unsurely before getting into his car, driving off.

The clock strikes 4 and I sigh in disappointment, carrying my bag as I drag my feet. I guess, I'll walk home then..

As soon as I stepped on the sidewalk, someone calls my name.

Turning around, I expected Jordan but instead it was Matthias.

"Hey." He smiled, joining me.

"Hey." I said, smiling tiredly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing?" I say stupidly.

He stops walking, grabbing my wrist to stop me.

"Tell me." He says, looking at me dead in the eyes.

Sighing, I said. "Jordan."

He nodded in understanding. Then he cupped my face,"I'm here for you."

"Aw, thanks. You're my boyfriend's enemy but aw, thanks." I say with a small smile.

"I'm serious." He uttered.

"I know." I smile genuinely, removing his hands from my face.

   Then a car stops beside us, my mom looks out the window and sighs,"He didn't show up?"

"No," I move to get into the car.

"Hey, boy. You're Kenya's son, aren't you? Come we'll drop you off wherever after déjà brew." Mom told Theo who looked surprised but then got into the car.

      ***

"Two strawberry vanilla frappe and....." I trail off, glancing at Matthias.

"One M&M frap." He answered then we go sit on the barstools, waiting for our orders and mom who went to meet a client in the shop nearby.

Matt and I talked. Well, he did since I was quiet.

Then something happens..

Jordan walked in with the same girl from the cafeteria, not noticing I was there. He orders and when he turns around, his eyes almost bulge out.

"Here are your orders, 2 strawberry vanilla frappe and one M&M. That'll be $13.50." The cashier said. I stand up, gave her the money and walked out. Matt came out later with the change and drinks.

"Tell me what you want to me to do and I'll do it. Kick him? Curse him?"

"Hug me."

Matt's eyes softens and he embraces me after setting our drinks on the hood of the car.

"He's an ass."

"This time, I agree." I smile, then put up the middle finger to Jordan who was looking out at us.