7. For Me

"Forgive them," I told Matthias over the phone that night, sitting down at the edge of my bed, "They're just being over protective of  me." 

"As if I would hurt you," Matthias grumbles on the other line. 

I roll my eyes, "You might one day."

I hear him scoff, "I would never, Brooke. You always think so negatively of things."

I fall back on my bed, staring at the ceiling, muttering, "No, it's not like that. I've heard that before so I'm just saying....."

"You think I'm another Jordan?" I hear him say with hurt in his tone. 

"I don't know, you tell me," I shrug, then realized he couldn't see me and facepalmed myself for being an idiot. 

"Fine. I'll show you. And your classmates that I'm serious about you," He told me sternly, making me sit up at his tone. Is he mad or something? 

"I-" my jaw drops as I stare at my phone in disbelief when he suddenly hung up on me without waiting for my response. Shaking my head, I threw my phone back on my bed, and headed into the bathroom to take a shower. While standing under the shower, I remember what had happened earlier today at the gym when Tyler and Quran dragged me away from my boyfriend. They both gave me a scolding and gave me reasons as to why I shouldn't date Matthias. 

"What is your problem?" I snapped at the boys when we reach their car. 

Quran takes off his jersey shirt and wipes his face with it, making me look at him in disgust while Tyler took his time to down his entire water bottle. Thirsty, are we? They were both sweating like pigs while I just watched them. 

"Well?" I said impatiently. 

"Brooke, Matthias is a trouble maker," Quran told me. 

I rolled my eyes, "So? Both of you are trouble makers too. You see, unlike the two of you, Matthias doesn't make girls cry." 

They both looked at each other before cackling at me as if I said the most funniest joke they've ever heard. Am I a joke to them? They are getting on my nerves right now. Tyler finally stops and looks at me, clicking his tongue at me, "Its Matthias. He's a guy."

"Obviously," I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Don't compare him to us. Ok? The situations are different. We make girls cry, yes, but not like him- breaking hearts," Quran stated, opening the door to Tyler's car, sitting down in the shotgun seat. 

"You guys are ridiculous." I pointed out.

"You can't date him because we don't like him," Quran said, earning a high five from Tyler who agrees. 

"I like him," I uttered.

"Forget you," Tyler waved me off, opening the back seat door, "Get in, we're taking you home. We can't trust you with him." 

"Brooke, hurry the heck up. I need to urinate," June shouts from behind the door, pulling me out of my thoughts. After rinsing, I wrap my towel around  my body before getting out of the bathroom, meeting June who was frowning at me impatiently. I look at him innocently before walking away to get dressed in my pajamas. 

***

"What are you doing here?" Tyler asked rudely when he found Matthias waiting in his car after our class had ended and it was time to go home.

"I'm here for my girl," Matthias said confidently, not letting Tyler intimidate him. 

I roll my eyes at Tyler, pushing him away from the car before swinging the car door open to get in. Every one was going home already and I expected Tyler to be the first to leave campus since he's always tired of being in class. He kept looking at the clock and said he wants to go home already. Well, class has ended, he can get out of here, but no. He's here acting tough. I mean, I love Tyler, but damn, its my love life. Can't I just date in peace?