chapter two

"no way alex. no way. i am NOT working here." i cross my arms and repeatedly shake my head.

he shrugs. "if you wanna stay in the house, you need a job, fast. and i can get you one.easy."

"do i have to strip?"

"no"

"pole dance?"

"no"

"sell sex?"

"no. sex on the beach maybe."

"make out with random people?"

"no"

"one night stands?"

"just take the fucking job please." he laughs.

"okay," i sigh. "but what DO i have to do?"

"serve drinks. it's seriously that simple. serve drinks to people . everyone. wether they're sitting down at the bar or wandering around the club, you gotta offer them a drink. it's not that hard"

"yeah, except i have no idea how to make drinks, OH , and i'm UNDERAGE."

"well don't scream it for the whole fucking world to hear you. you're barely too young."

"alex are you insane? i'm 19!" i lower my voice slightly, not that anyone could hear me in a loud dump like this anyway.

"just take the job. i enjoy living with you." he sighs.

i don't want to take this job. i really don't. i don't even think he is actually allowed to hire people, it's not like he is a manager. but i mean. nothing can get worse than redrawing shitty drawings , right? making drinks won't be too hard.

"fine. i'll work here. just until i can get a better job though."

"great, let's go talk to the manager."

alex takes my hand and leads me up to the bar.

"liam. yo, liam!" he yells , which catches the attention of what looks like a mid thirties guy. he had dark skin and nice smooth looking dark hair. he'd be amazingly attractive if he was under 30.

"hey man watcha need?" liam , i guess, says after they do some weird guy hug thing.

"this is my bestfriend/roommate, Cher. only she won't be my roommate for long if she can't find a job. she can get stuff done here right.?"

"totally!" liam says, and at that, i know he is gay. "she can work the day to evening shift, same as you."

alex looks at me and we walk to the other side of the counter, i assume so we can hear eachother better.

"you'll be working 12-8. same shift as me."

"you mean noon?" i ask

"yup," liam steps in. "daytime to evening. then you get off work everynight just in time to enjoy a few dances yourself."

"daytime? you're open during the day?"

"seriously Cherry? you never noticed me being gone during the day..?"

"uhh.." i never really did notice alex being gone during the day. i had to leave at fucking 7 am everyfucking day and didnt get back until like 6 or 7 PM cause i always stayed after. so no, i didnt.

"not exactly... i left earlier than you so i never really knew when you left..."

"oh my god Cher you're horrible" he laughs and rolls his eyes.

"what i want to know is why the fuck you're open during the day." i laugh, looking at liam

"well, it's 'bar in day, club at night.' pretty clever huh?" liam says, and we all chuckle.