Chapter 10: I Heard it Through the Grapevine

Chapter 10: I Heard it Through the Grapevine

Both Niall and Zayn were thinking the exact same thing.

I'm going to tell him, anything for my Angel.

And so as Zayn pulled Niall behind the sports shed they both went to speak.

“I need to-”

“Zayn I n-”

They both shut their mouths quite promptly. They signalled each other to go first, then they both opened their mouth at the same time and closed them again. This happened for another minute when finally Niall clamped a hand over Zayn’s mouth, looked him in the eye and said “I’m not straight”

Zayn ripped Niall’s hand off of his mouth and nodded.

“I guessed” with that he leaned forward until they were nose to nose, giving Niall the option of either leaning in the rest of the way or just leaving Zayn. Needless to say Niall closed his eyes, took a deep breath and moved into uncharted territory.

The kiss to any outsider would be described as innocent and short.

The kiss to Niall felt familiar and it cost him a lot to kiss Zayn for as long as he did. But at the same time, it was almost effortless.

To Zayn the kiss was filled with relief and was a large milestone that the couple had just passed.

Zayn pulled away first, not wanting to pressure Niall into anything. Niall looked curiously at Zayn, his lips felt so familiar, as if they had already kissed before. He gazed into Zayn’s eyes and saw emotions that he had never witnessed himself firsthand, love and devotion. Just the look in Zayn’s eyes made him lean in once more, the kiss easier than the last.

Zayn was surprised but went with it nonetheless, stroking Niall’s cheek with one hand and bringing the other to the back of his neck. Niall, cautiously put his hands around Zayn’s small waist and pulled back. Niall breathed in deeply, looking to Zayn who had a small smile on his lips and eyes still closed, Zayn let out a small sigh of content.

It made Niall’s heart melt.

He went in for a slightly more heated kiss, Niall tilted his head and Zayn tentatively traced his tongue on Niall’s lips, who moaned slightly and opened his mouth willingly. Zayn explored Niall’s mouth with enthusiasm, it was only then did Niall realise that he was lightheaded and needed air. He pulled away gasping. He leaned on Zayn who embraced him and swayed them back and forth.

Zayn kissed him on the cheek.

“Can you stop that?” Niall joked lightly making reference to the countless times that Zayn had pecked him on the cheek and ran away. At that Niall pulled Zayn in closer scared that he would run away, Zayn chuckled.

“I'm not running away this time Cream Puff” Zayn said ruffling Niall’s oily hair.

“Heyy! You're not allowed to say that! You're gay too! I'm allowed to call you that too if you can call me that” Niall huffed.

“No you're not, because I'm not as creamy white as you are or as chubby cheeked as you. Or as beautiful and absolutely delicious” Zayn purred, pecking Niall’s lips. Niall on the other hand had gone bright red and puffed an indignant breath out, which was quickly discredited by the smile that had found its way onto his pink lips.

“I think we need to talk, about us… so you go get your things and lets go to my house and you can shower and stuff there” Zayn whispered as if it were a secret, but the thick silence that surrounded them called for the decrease in volume. If he had said it any louder it would’ve been too loud. Niall nodded, kissing Zayn’s cheek, biting his lips and then ran to the changing room. Zayn hastily made his way to his and Harry’s BMW (but mostly his).