Finally, And Then It Falls Apart

*Ricky's POV*

  I made sure everything was completely prepped for Jealousy, going over every last detail four times each. I was terrified I was going to mess up.

  I was planning on finally proposing to Jealousy now. I knew how I wanted to do it. It was nowhere near as cute as how Chris proposed to Sin, but I was happy with my decision.

  I had decorated our bedroom with red and black rose petals and candles, and had my guitar ready to play our song for her. I was going to sing it, and then I would propose.

  I had almost wanted Sin to be here, since she and Jealousy are so close, but Sin was out to lunch with Ashley. I had asked Balz, Ryan, Chris, and Ghost to keep Jealousy downstairs while I set up.

  I looked in the mirror one last time, making sure my hair and makeup were okay. Fuck I sounded like a girl. I straightened the tie I had on over my vest and shirt, and smoothed out a wrinkle in the shirt.

  I walked downstairs to get Jealousy, and saw her on the floor wrestling with Balz. Leave it to Jealousy to wrestle with him. I cleared my throat to make them aware of my presence.

  Balz jumped up immediately. "She started it!" Balz cried in self defense. I walked over and pulled Jealousy to her feet. "In my defense, he said my snakebites look bad on me." Jealousy stated.

  I shook my head, laughing quietly, then led her upstairs. "What's up?" she asked, one hand over her tummy. I told her to close her eyes when we reached our bedroom door, and she did.

  I opened the door, then carefully led her into our room, helping her take a seat on the bed. "Open." I told her, smiling. She opened her eyes and gasped. "Oh Ricky..." she sighed happily.

  I grabbed my guitar and sat on the floor in front of her, then started to play.

Love of mine

Someday you will die

But I'll be close behind

I'll follow you

Into the dark

No blinding light

Or tunnels to gates of white

Just our hands clasped so tight

Waiting for

A hint of a spark

If Heaven and Helm decide

That they both are satisfied

Illuminate the "No's"

On their "Vacancy" signs

If there's no one beside you

When your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you

Into the dark

In Catholic school

As vicious as Roman rule

I got my knuckles bruised

By a lady in black

I held my tongue

As she told me

"Son, fear is the heart of love."

So I never went back.

If Heaven and Hell decide

That they both are satisfied

Illuminate the "No's"

On their "Vacancy" signs

If there's no one beside you

When your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you

Into the dark

You and me

Have seen everything to see

From Bangkok to Calgary

And the soles of your shoes

Are all worn down

The time for sleep is now

There's nothing to cry about

Cuz we'll hold each other soon

In the blackest of rooms

If Heaven and Hell decide

That they both are satisfied

Illuminate the "No's"

On their "Vacancy" signs

If there's no one beside you

When your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you

Into the dark

Then I'll follow you

Into the dark

  I set my guitar down as she clapped her hands softly. "Ricky, that was beautiful." Jealousy told me, leaning forward to kiss me. I didn't let her. Instead, I got onto one knee, taking her hands in mine.

  "Jealousy, you are my everything. You are beautiful, sweet, perfect, and amazing. And I want you by my side for the rest of my life." I pulled the small burgundy velvet box from my back pocket and opened it to reveal the ring. "Will you marry me?" I asked hopefully.

  "Oh, Ricky, I..." Jealousy said, tears forming, "I don't know..." I was completely taken aback. "What?" I asked as my heart sank. "I'm, I don't know if I'm the kind of girl that can be someone's wife... I'm so sorry Ricky..."

  Jealousy jumped up and ran out of the room, and I sank back onto the ground, feeling absolutely broken.

*Sin's POV*

  I climbed back into Ashley's car, and got a text from Jealousy.

Jealousy: can u call?

  I knew she wouldn't ask if it weren't important, so I asked Ashley if she minded. "Go right ahead." she granted me, and I called my sister.

Jealousy: Sin?

Sin: Hey, what's up?

Jealousy: (sniffling) Ricky proposed to me...

Sin: Oh my Gods it's about time, congratulations!!!

Jealousy: No, Sin, I didn't say yes... (cries)

Sin: You, you what? Why not?

Jealousy: I don't know! I just, I don't know if I can handle marriage, Sin, I'm scared!

Sin: Do you love him?

Jealousy: (sobbing) As much as I love you!

Sin: And you want to be with him forever?

Jealousy: Yes.

Sin: Then there's your answer.

Jealousy: You really think I should say yes?

Sin: If it's what you want.

Jealousy: Okay... Thank you so much. I love you.

Sin: No problem, I love you too.