6

"So, we're all good bro?" Jay asked as we approaches the car.

"Yah, we are good," I replied. "Alright, let's get going again," I said opening my car door and starting it. A few seconds later we were back on the road, ready to get to my house.

"So, how bad were those dreams that remembering them made you lose your appetite?" Zak asked, not even five minutes on the road.

"Yah, they were the kind of nightmares that made me skip out on meals, and if I did eat, it would just end up coming right back out."

"So why do I get the feeling that you had nightmares that were worse than the one you told us about?" he asks, and I can feel his eyes on me.

"Because there may be some things that I don't want to relive, especially not around Livvy. I didn't want her to know about the one I shared, so definitely not any of the other ones," I explain.

"Well, I can't imagine what you went through, but believe me Addeline, I know how something you don't want can affect and change your life. It's part of the reason I went out and started Ghost Adventures," he said, speaking sincerely the whole time.

I didn't have any words to share with what he said, so I just nodded my head and continued to drive. We had been driving a total of half an hour, leaving almost and entire hour left.

"Do you have any idea who was the one showing you these people's deaths so gruesomely? Like any details you might have seen during the night terrors? Or even elsewhere?"

I sighed loudly. For some reason becoming extremely uncomfortable talking about it, yet feeling like there is some reason I have to and can trust/tell Zak about this. "I don't know and details, just that it appears as a man, and it's very tall."

"Appears? So if you don't think that it is really a man, then what do you think it is?" This is a good question. I don't know if I give him some more details about what all I have seen or not. I haven't even told my mom about it.

"I think that it is some type of demon, and he is like the leader of them," I say before I can catch myself.

"The leader of them? Who are them?" Zak askes, hanging on to my every word. It is clear he knew somehow that there was still information that I was trying to keep to myself. "Addeline, if there are more of them, I think I have a right to know, for safety purposes at the very least," he says, sounding desperate to unlock all the details I have kept hidden for so long.

"Zak," I say, not knowing how to answer him. "I don't think you should do this investigation," I finally tell him after a few minutes.

"Why not?" I could feel his gaze on me, begging for a reason, and also for the truth.

"I think that there is more than one demon, and they don't like you." I take a deep breath before I tell him about the restaurant. "At the restaurant, the second you guys started to ask me questions, the second that Olivia started to say about being scared for me, all I felt was anger. Pure hatred. And I believe the demon is threatened by you, and didn't want me sharing any of the information with you that I did."

I meet Zak's eyes for a second, then look back to the road when the light turns green. "What happened at the restaurant to make you feel like that?"

"It told me to stop," I said barely above a whisper. "Then I saw it, standing near by."

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked, looking out the window.

"Because I am so scared, Zak. And for some reason I think that Olivia was right to be scared for me."

Silence fills the car for the next few minutes. "Addeline, I promise that as long as I'm here, I will do my best to help you. And even when I'm away, I'm only one call away. I will be there, even if it means bailing out in the middle of an investigation." He places his hand on my shoulder as tears start to run down my cheeks.