11

Zak and I ended up walking around for an hour before we meet up with the guys. Before we reached them, we stopped at the big pond that was there. It was absolutely beautiful, and so peaceful as well.

I still had no idea why when that image came to my head that I had became so dizzy and almost blacked out. I hadn't mentioned this to Zak because apart of me was afraid that he was right. That I did have some type of repressed memory that was kept from me by not only myself, but my parents as well. Because there was no way that something like that happened and my parents wouldn't know about it.

"What are you thinking about?" Zak asked standing beside me, staring out at the pond as well.

"Just how beautiful this place is," I lie. It kills me to lie to him, but I don't want him to make something out of what could be nothing.

Zak faces me and tilts his head. "What are you hiding, Addy?" he asks as if he knew something all along.

"It's nothing. Just the memories got to me a bit," I say partly telling him the truth. It was my memories that has me thinking. Just not those ones. I stared at the pond the entire time, afraid that if I looked at him he would know that I still hadn't told him everything.

"Addeline, I want you to know that you can trust me, and tell me anything. If we are going to have a relationship it needs to be built on trust and honesty." I could feel his eyes on me as he said this. Somehow this great guy knew that I was keeping something from him.

I sighed, and finally gave in a bit. "I remember something with the water. Just, later, Zak. Okay?" I said folding my arms and walking away a bit irritated.

"Hey, Addy! This is such a cool place, isn't it?" Aaron asked me.

"Yah. It's beautiful. Where is Jay and Billy?" I asked looking around.

"Oh, Billy is talking to people about the lockdown in two days, and Jay is making sure that everything we got from the interview is good. Why what's wrong?"

"Nothing, just was going to say hi before I left. I still need to talk to my mom about the interview that Zak wants to do. See ya Aaron," I said before walking up the hill and back towards my car.

"Okay, see ya Addy!" Aaron called waving at me.

By the time I got up the hill, for some reason I didn't want to leave this forest. I found another path and walked down it. About ten minutes later, I started to hear water farther down the hill that the trail was beside. I walked a little farther and saw a small path that seemed to lead down there, and made my way towards what sounded like a small creek.

For some reason as I feared the creek, my heart began to race. I suddenly got extremely hot, as if I was afraid of something, yet I was steadily and safely going down the hill. I saw a small sliver of the creek through the trees and and the same image from earlier flashed through my mind.

It was then, as I got the image, that I slipped, and tumbled down the hill, rolling on thorns and even hitting some branches that we're hanging low off of the trees. By the time I stopped rolling, I was at the edge of the creek, half in it and half out it.

Blackness took over and I was having a premonition. Then I realized. It wasn't a premonition, but a memory.

*

Zak's point of view

I saw Aaron coming down the hill and Addeline was no where in site. "Bro, where's Addy at?" I asked as he walked closer to me.

"She didn't tell you she was leaving?" he asked confused.

"Why would she be leaving?"

"She said she was going to talk to her mom about the interview that you wanted to have."