House of the Rising Son

I was in my room with Hayley, telling her about the arrangement I have with the Mikalesons.

"Well, it seems like you're living comfortably" she said

"That's only because they care about the twins." I told her looking down

"I don't know Marie, You said it yourself, Elijah swore to protect you."

"Yeah, well now he's nowhere to be found," I'm trying hard to not show that him leaving bothered me. I really took a liking to Elijah, I'm not sure if that's a good thing. "I just shouldn't have trusted another vampire, I got knocked up the last time I did."

"Well at least this house is big enough so you can avoid your baby daddy." Hayley said. She's right.

Suddenly we heard a car outside

Suddenly we heard a car outside. We both get off the bed and left the room, going downstairs. On the way down, Hayley grabbed a fire poker and when we snuck down the last flight of stairs, the door swung open.

a girl, our age, with healthy long blonde hair walked into the house with confidence. But something about her looked so familiar to me

Hayley walked in front of me protectively, "who the hell are you?" she said, raising the fire poker ready to protect me

"ah you must be the maid," the blonde put her keys down on the nearby table. "My bags are in the car, get them will you?"

"actually," I began to speak up but Hayley cut me off

"-we're not the help, you must be the sister, Rebekah."

I looked to Hayley puzzled, "How do you know that?"

"Klaus and I had a conversation while you were napping when I got here."

Hayley and Klaus...getting along? "Yeah, right" I said suspiciously.

"so which one of you is the witch my brother knocked up?" Rebekah asked

"That would be me," I said smiling awkwardly

"I see," Rebekah nodded with curious eyes, "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. I guess you're not showing yet. It's Marie, is it?"

 It's Marie, is it?"