Back To Me

It’s been a months since Demi left his apartment in pure rage, slamming the door behind her. She didn’t even turn around one more time, she just left. He could still see the tears in her eyes as they fought so clearly, as if she would be standing right in front of him now. He hasn’t heard from her ever since.

The only things he saw were her twitter updates or some interviews she gave or performances which he didn’t even attent anymore. Steve wanted to avoid the weird tension while being on stage together.

But all the anger he felt towards her was now long gone and he just missed her more than anything at this very moment. It’s probably the fifth time in ten minutes that hewas so close to calling her, but always chickened out. What if they would continue what the started? He didn’t want to fight with her any longer.

The bassist was snapped out of his thoughts as he felt his phone buzzing in his hand. He looked down and his eyes got bigger as he saw Demi’s name pop up. She texted him.

"I’ll be there in 10. We need to talk. xoxo Demi"

Steve swallowed hard and got up. He was excited to see her again, maybe they could fix this. He loved her so much and all he wanted was to be with her again.

10 minutes later, he heard a knock on his door and took a deep breath before opening. Demi bit her lower lip and gave him a weak smile. “Hey….c-can I come in?”, she asked and Steve nodded before taking a step back to let her inside.

Demi stopped and turned around to look at him. “How are you?”, she asked and buried her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

"I’m okay…what about you?", Steve shrugged and walked passed her towards the cupboard. "Do you want a coffee or anything?" It was weird. Usually, she would just grab whatever she wanted and act like she was at home. Now she stood here like a stranger who didn’t know if it was okay to sit down or not.

"No, I’m good, thanks…I miss you." Steve placed the cup down and licked his lips, turning around to look at her.

"I miss you, too. A-And I’m so, so sorry for screaming at you and saying all these things. I didn’t mean any of that.", he said and took a step closer to her, taking her hand in his. "I really wanna be with you, Demi. And I’m sorry for maybe not showing you enough and not having the balls to admit it. I love you!"

Demi looked up into his eyes and a smile creeped up on her face. She slowly wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. “I love you, too.”, she whispered and once she pulled back, Steve pressed their lips together.

This is what he wanted and he would no longer deny it. He wanted to hold her, love her, show her how beautiful she is.